- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Coronary angiography
- Devices: cardiac resynchronisation therapy device (CRT)
- Devices: implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Devices: single chamber pacemaker insertion
- Electrophysiology complex cardiac ablation
- Electrophysiology simple cardiac ablation
- Reporting of echocardiography
- Transthoracic echocardiography
Dr Bajpai is a Consultant Cardiologist and Interventional Electrophysiologist based at Epsom Hospital and St Georges Hospital NHS Trust, London. He sees private patients at St Anthony's Hospital, Cheam, Ashtead Hospital, Ashtead and Northey Suite at Epsom Hospital. His key interests are in management of heart rhythm disorders, autonomic dysfunction, syncope and risk stratification in cardiac disorders. He performs all varieties of complex and standard ablation procedures for correction of heart rhythm disorders (e.g radiofrequency ablation and cryo ablation for atrial fibrillation, flutter, all forms of SVT and ventricular arrhythmias), implantation of cardiac devices including pacemakers, loop recorders, cardiac defibrillators (ICD) and cardiac resynchronisation devices for heart failure (CRTP and CRTD devices). He is one of the highest volume operators in the field. He has several book chapters and articles in his name and regularly involved in clinical research projects at St Georges Hospital. He is the clinical lead for Arrhythmia Services at Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust and Honorary Lecturer at St George's University, London. He is the Medical Director for Surrey Arrhythmia Support Group, a patient charity dedicated to patient education and community screening programmes.
Areas of interest
Atrial fibrillation; atrial flutter; supraventricular tachycardia; ventricular tachycardia; ventricular fibrillation; Long QT syndrome; slow heart rhythm; heart failure; blackouts; syncope; palpitations; chest pains; breathlessness; inherited cardiac conditions; cardiomyopathy; cardiac ablation procedures; pacemakers; loop recorders; cardiac defibrillators; cardiac resynchronisation devices for heart failure; hypertrophic cardiomyopathy; dilated cardiomyopathy; risk stratification; risk factor management; hypertension; hyperlipidaemia or raised cholesterol.
- Shirley Wiltshire
- Department of Cardiology Epsom General Hospital, Northey Suite Dorking Road Epsom KT18 7EG
- 07957 228053
- 07748 987848
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Vivek Sharma Fee Assured
- Dr Andrejs Dombrovskis Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist at
1) Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust
and 2) St George's Hospital London, NHS Trust,
Atrial Fibrillation; Cardiac Arrhythmias
Cricket, Tennis, Motoring, Aeromodelling
Patient first Gold Award by Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust, 2018
Best Teacher Award by Directorate of Post Graduate Education, east Kent Hospitals, 2011
British Medical Journal, European heart Journal, British Journal of Anaesthesia, British Medical Bulletin, British Journal of Cardiology. Can be viewed at Pub Med. Book chapters with publishers- Wiley, Elsevier, Blackwell.
Courses offered to GPs
Regular talks to patients in surrey Arrhythmia Support Group- 1st Wednesday of every month.
GP seminars at St Anthony's Hospital, or at individual GP surgeries in Surrey and South London. Post graduate lectures to cardiology trainees during CPD approved training days.
- MBBS DAVV University of Indore, India 1992
- MD MAHE 1997
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians London 2002
- Electrophysiology Fellowship Kings College Hospital, London 2012
- Electrophysiology Fellowship St Thomas Hospital, London 2013
- Electrophysiology Fellowship Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital 2014
Reference number 5196506
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Member of British Cardiovascular Society
Member of British Heart Rhythm Society
Member of Arrhythmia Alliance
Medical Director Surrey Arrhythmia Support Group
- Northey Suite Epsom Hospital Dorking...
- 16:30 - 19:30
- 01372 735735
- St Anthony's Hospital, 801 London RoadNORTH...
- 18:00 - 21:30
- 020 8337 6691
- The WarrenASHTEADKT21 2SB
- 18:00 - 21:30
- 01372 221400
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.