- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
Lucy trained in dietetics at Cardiff and qualified as a dietitian in 2004. She joined Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust as a graduate dietitian and worked in a rotational post before specialising in gastroenterology in 2007. Lucy has considerable experience in the field of nutritional support and colorectal surgery and has previously worked in the Trust’s Nutrition Support Team for 9 years, maintaining multiple competencies in both enteral and parenteral nutrition.
In 2012, Lucy completed the King's College London low FODMAP course and using this advanced dietary approach, has developed expertise in managing patients with IBS and other functional bowel disorders.
Lucy is also lead dietitian for Plymouth Hospital's dietitian-led coeliac clinic and is actively involved in audit.
Lucy has been fortunate to see the scope of her dietetic post extend and in 2015 was appointed specialist dietitian for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in a new dual specialist post for gastroenterology.
Lucy is dedicated to providing client-centred, evidence-based nutritional advice to help optimise health and wellbeing. Lucy now combines her NHS post with private practice and freelance nutrition consultancy work.
Areas of interest
Gastrointestinal disorders including Irritable Bowel syndrome (IBS); Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD); Coeliac disease; Weight management; Women's health, Cardiovascular disease, Sports Nutrition
- Website : http://www.lucypritchard.com
Current NHS consultant posts held
Specialist IBD & Gastroenterology Dietitian,
Research Fellow, University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
Low FODMAPs diet
Optimising nutritional outcomes in IBD
Patient education and self-management
Lucy is happiest cooking and testing her recipes on family and friends. In her spare time she also enjoys running, tennis and Pilates
Courses offered to GPs
Nutritional management of long-term medical conditions including IBS, IBD and coeliac disease. General healthy eating and lifestyle advice for weight management.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics University of Wales Institute, Cardiff 2004
- BSc (Hons) Applied Biology (2.1) Chester University 2001
- Masters in Clinical Research University of Plymouth 2018
- The low FODMAP diet for functional gastrointestinal disorders King's College London 2012
- Level 3 Certificate in Delivering Learning, City & Guilds Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust 2007
- PENG Clinical Update British Dietetic Association 2008
- MClinRes Research Management and Mentorship Module (20 credits) Plymouth University 2016
- St Mark's Intestinal Failure, Rehabilitation & HPN St Mark's Hospital, Northwick Park, London 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Dietetic Association and member of the BDA Gastroenterology Specialist and Freelance Dietitians interest group
Coeliac UK member
- Nuffield Health, Plymouth Hospital, Derriford...
- 17:30 - 19:30
- 01752 761821
- Tavistock Physiotherapy Clinic, Tavistock road,...
- 09:30 - 16:00
- 01822 617722
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Lucy Pritchard 07747635358
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Initial dietitian treatment session - (1-5)
Follow on dietitian treatment session - (1-5)