- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
I have been an Orthopaedic Consultant in Leicester since 1995. My main area of expertise is in hip and knee replacement surgery (5,000 procedures) and the management of soft tissue problems around the hip.
Areas of interest
Total Hip Replacement; Total Knee Replacement
- Bernadette Reece
- Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital Scraptoft Lane LEICESTER LE5 1HY
- 0116 274 3705
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Timothy Bedford Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
Hip replacement outcomes and techniques, bone grafting and blood transfusion.
Sailing, golf, walking, fishing, gardening, music.
I am the holder of a Bronze Clinical Excellence Award
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Basic
1. Retrieval analysis of alumina ceramic-on-ceramic bearing couples.
Acta Orthop. 2014 Apr;85(2):133-40.
2. Medium-term and long-term outcomes of interventions for primary psoas tendinopathy.
Clin J Sport Med. 2014 May;24(3):205-10
3. Iliopsoas tendon reformation after psoas tendon release.
Case Rep Orthop. 2013;2013:361087.
4. The influence of social deprivation on bone donation: a 10 year retrospective study.
Cell Tissue Bank. 2013 Sep;14(3):489-94.
5. Intra-operative washing of morcellised bone allograft with pulse lavage: how effective is it in reducing blood and marrow content?
Cell Tissue Bank. 2012 Mar;13(1):157-65.
6. A comparison of the shrinkage of commercial bone cements when mixed under vacuum.
J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006 Jan;88(1):120-2.
7. Incidence of infection with the use of non-irradiated morcellised allograft bone washed at the time of revision arthroplasty of the hip.
J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005 Nov;87(11):1524-6.
8. Management of types B2 and B3 femoral periprosthetic fractures by a tapered, fluted, and distally fixed stem.
J Arthroplasty. 2005 Sep;20(6):751-6.
9. Survivorship of the Charnley Elite Plus cemented femoral stem.
Int Orthop. 2005 Aug;29(4):214-8.
10. The effect of iron supplementation on the level of haemoglobin after lower limb arthroplasty.
J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005 Feb;87(2):213-7.
11. Do we really need to routinely crossmatch blood before primary total knee or hip arthroplasty?
Acta Orthop Scand. 2004 Oct;75(5):567-72.
12. Cadaveric allograft microbiology.
Int Orthop. 2004 Oct;28(5):315-8.
13. Iliopsoas tendon dysfunction as a cause of pain after total hip arthroplasty relieved by surgical release.
J Arthroplasty. 2003 Apr;18(3):387-8.
14. Revision hip arthroplasty activity in a single UK health region: an audit of 1265 cases.
Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2000 Jul;82(4):283-6.
15. Aneurysmal bone cyst in monozygotic twins: a case report.
J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1996 Mar;78(2):323-4.
16. Lumbar epidural injection of steroid in acute prolapsed intervertebral discs. A prospective study.
Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1992 Apr;17(4):453-5.
17. Spindle-cell sarcoma of the hand may present as a benign recurrent nodule.
J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1992 Mar;74(2):316-7.
18. Acute lower leg compartment syndrome.
Br J Sports Med. 1991 Dec;25(4):218-20.
19. Revision osteoarticular allograft transplantation in weight-bearing joints. A clinical review.
J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1991 Jul;73(4):595-9.
My National Joint Registry data are available by visiting:
- MB BS University of London 1980
- FRCS RCSEd 1986
- FRCSEd(Orth) RCSEd 1993
Reference number 2653730
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 1995
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
British Hip Society
- Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital, LE5 1HY
- 11:00 - 12:00
- 0116 274 3705
- Spire Leicester Hospital, LE2 2FF
- 09:30 - 12:00
- 0116 272 0888
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details