- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
I am an accredited, experienced integrative practitioner with a background of working in the NHS, voluntary sector and in private practice as a therapist and supervisor. I currently hold a post at Kings College Hospital in a speciality trauma service and as a supervisor within Rape Crisis and other voluntary sector organisations. We can work on any issues that are relevant to you at the time you attend therapy. I work one to one and also with groups. I specialise in the field of trauma, including violence, domestic violence, sexual assault and child sexual abuse. I regularly present at training events and Continued Professional Development (CPD) sessions. I also attend regular CPD trainings to ensure my practice is up to date and adhering to good practice guidelines. As an accredited member of BACP I follow the BACP Ethical Framework and am fully insured.
Areas of interest
Trauma; PTSD; rape and sexual assault; childhood abuse; anxiety; depression; stress; bereavement; life
Current NHS consultant posts held
Currently in post at Kings College Hospital, London, in a speciality trauma service.
Research project on the efficacy of group therapy for survivors of rape and sexual assault.
Thesis - Dissociation in the therapy room.
Toolkit for training on violence against women and girls.
- MA Psychotherapy and Counselling Regents University, London 2014
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision CPPD, London 2010
- Diploma in Counselling Tower Hamlets College, London 2010
- BA Hons History University of Sussex 1998
- CBT Women and Girls Network 2011
- Group Facilitation Gestalt Centre 2016
- EMDR Sandy Richman 2016
- Response Based Approach to Trauma Women and Girls Network 2016
- Eros in the Counselling Room Ruth Morgan Training 2015
- Safeguarding Adults and Children Levels 2 - 4 Kings College Hospital 2014
Affiliations / memberships
BACP Accredited Member.
- Egerton Drive, Greenwich
- 17:00 - 21:00
- 07813 650744
- Ludgate Hill Practice89 Fleet StreetLondonEC4Y 1DH
- 10:00 - 14:00
- 07813 650744
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: kate.therapy