- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am a highly experienced consultant urological surgeon.
I have over 20 years of consultant experience and was responsible for setting up and running the Dept of Urology for the Trust. I have a national profile at the college of surgeons and am used to review others' performance and appoint new surgeons.
I enjoy private practice where I can offer my patients a more personal service.
Areas of interest
Prostate disease including prostate cancer; Urological oncology; Bladder cancer; Vasectomy (including reversal), General urology. Paediatric urology.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Maria Okoisor Fee Assured
- Dr William Birts Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Buckinghamshire NHS Trust
Audits of major surgical procedures.
Wife and 4 children. Sport, esp. skiing, sailing and golf.
British Journal of Urology. BMJ.
Courses offered to GPs
Yearly lecturer on the GP update course.
Submitted all major urological operative outcome data to the British Association of Urological Surgeons.
Data for kidney published 2013. Data for prostate and bladder due for publication June/July 2014.
- MBBS London University 1980
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England. 1985
- Master of Surgery (MS) London University 1991
- FRCS (Urol) Royal College of Surgeons of England. 1993
Reference number 2649203
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member of BAUS Council Royal College of Surgeons of England. 2013
- Member Invited review mechanism Royal College of Surgeons of England. 2014
- Consultants Advisory Appointments Panel Royal College of Surgeons of England. 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Completion Surgical Training, 1993
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Urological Surgeons
Royal College of Surgeons of England
- BMI The Chiltern Hospital, HP16 0EN
- 13:30 - 22:00
- 01494 890890
- BMI The Shelburne Hospital, HP11 2TR
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01494 888700
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Secretary Sue Nash 01494-764902