- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Gynaecological oncology
I am a Gynaecological Oncologist.
After qualified as a doctor (MBBS) in 1998, I was awarded MD in 2001. In 2008 I completed specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology gaining several advanced qualifications in laparoscopic surgery, colposcopy, vulval disease and hysteroscopy. I continued further to complete higher sub-specialty training in Gynaecological Cancers in 2013.
I have several research and academic accomplishments. In 2010, I received The Keith Free prize for the best research presentation on the patient safety outcomes of the gynaecological cancer surgery at Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australian Society of Gynecologic Oncologists (ASGO), Perth, Australia. In 2012, I was awarded Masters degree in Clinical Research with distinction. I was also awarded the Edgar Gentilli Prize of 2012 by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) for the best research in gynaecological cancer. I have published several research papers in acclaimed medical journals.
Areas of interest
Ovarian Cyst; Fibroids; Persistent Abnormal Bleeding; Vulval Skin Disorders; Cancer Screening and Cancer Risk Reduction; Colposcopy; Gynaecological Cancer; Laparoscopic Surgery; Hysteroscopy
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist
Lead for Colposcopy
St Michael's Hospital
1. Pre-cancer and cancer epidemiology and survival outcomes
2. Surgical performance indicators and patient safety
3. Diagnostic test accuracy
Healthcare software application development
Drawing and Painting
1. 2016, Celebrating Success Awards – Best Clinical Team - Uni Hosp Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol, UK
2. 2012, The Edgar Gentilli Prize - Best Research in Gynaecological Oncology - RCOG, London, UK
3. 2012, The Bursary Award - Biennial Meeting, IGCS, Vancouver, Canada
4. 2010, The Keith Free Prize - Best Fellow's Presentation - Annual Scientific Meeting, ASGO, Perth, Australia
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Conversational
2018 J Obstet Gynaecol
Completion surgery after chemoradiotherapy for cervical cancer – is there a role?
2018 Gynecologic Oncology
Stratified follow-up for endometrial cancer according to characteristics of the tumor
2017 BioMed Central
Unsatisfactory Colposopy: clinical decision-making in conditions of uncertainty
Role of systematic lymphadenectomy to tailor adjuvant therapy in early endometrial cancer
2016 Cochrane Review
Intra-operative frozen section analysis for the diagnosis of early stage ovarian cancer in suspicious pelvic masses
2014 Cochrane Review
Sentinel node assessment for diagnosis of groin lymph node involvement in vulval cancer.
Laparoscopic radical trachelectomy is an alternative to laparotomy with improved perioperative outcomes in patients with early-stage cervical cancer.
High-grade vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia: can we be selective about who we treat?
The role of intraoperative fluid optimization using the esophageal Doppler in advanced gynecological cancer: early postoperative recovery and fitness for discharge.
Urinary tract fistulas in radical surgery for cervical cancer: the importance of early diagnosis.
2012 Brit J Cancer
Cervical cancer incidence in young women: a historical and geographic controlled UK regional population study.
Tumour-free distance from serosa is a better prognostic indicator than depth of invasion and percentage myometrial invasion in endometrioid endometrial cancer.
2012 Gynaecol Oncol
Small volume stage 1B1 cervical cancer: Is radical surgery still necessary?
Intra-operative frozen section analysis for suspected early-stage ovarian cancer: 11 years of Gateshead Cancer Centre experience.
2012 Int J Gynecol Pathol
A detailed immunohistochemical analysis of 2 cases of papillary cystadenoma of the broad ligament: an extremely rare neoplasm characteristic of patients with von hippel-lindau disease.
Borderline nuclear change, high-grade dyskaryosis not excluded: current concepts and impact on clinical practice.
A clinical review of borderline glandular cells reported on liquid-based cervical cytology.
2010 Cochrane Review
Cytoreductive surgery plus chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone for recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer.
Courses offered to GPs
Annual GP Conference organised in partnership with HLP and Spire Hospital Bristol.
Talks organised regularly on Gynaecological Cancers, Menstrual disorders, Vulval Disease, Cervical Cancer Screening and Gynaecological Cancer Prevention
- Gynaecological Oncology Accreditation Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG) 2013
- Masters in Clinical Research Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne 2012
- BSCCP Colposcopy accreditation British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP) 2009
- Vulvar Disease Special Skills Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG) 2008
- Laparoscopic Surgery Special Skills Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG) 2007
- Hysteroscopic Surgery Special Skills Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG) 2007
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG) 2005
- MD Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India 2001
- MBBS Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India 1998
Reference number 6042348
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member of Information Technology Committee British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS) 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Gynaecological Oncology, 2014
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (MRCOG)
British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS)
British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Spire Hospital - Level 3
Phone number - 01179804085, 01179804000