- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at The Stoneygate Eye Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
Mr Tailor is a NHS consultant ophthalmologist and is a specialist in glaucoma and cataracts. Following completion of his medical training in London and ophthalmic training in the West Midlands, Mr. Tailor completed a two-year fellowship in glaucoma from the internationally renowned Moorfield’s Eye Hospital, London. During his time at Moorfield’s he gained extensive experience in the management of complex glaucoma and in performing cataract & glaucoma surgery (trabeculectomy, aqueous shunt implantation and cyclophotocoagulation). Furthermore, with the recent development of MIGS (minimally invasive glaucoma surgery), Mr Tailor has experience in performing implantation of the Glaukos i-stent, Aquesys Xen, hydrus implant and the KDB glaucoma procedure. Mr Tailor is on the advisor board to a number of companies involved in drug development and delivery in glaucoma and is actively involved in teaching, training and research. He has a number of peer reviewed publications and written book chapters as well as won local, national and international prizes in the field of glaucoma.
Areas of interest
Cataract (in patients with glaucoma);
Glaucoma (including laser treatment);
- Fiona Goulthorp
- Nuffield Health The Manor Hospital Beech Road Headington Oxford OX3 7RP
- 07828 665098
- 01865 307663
- Nicola Daly
- Stoneygate Eye Hospital 376 London Road LEICESTER LE2 2PN
- 0116 270 8033
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Rajen Tailor has worked with Professor Andrew Farmery at the following hospitals:
- Nuffield Health The Manor Hospital (1-5)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
Angle closure glaucoma, uveitis associated glaucoma and neovascular glaucoma (glaucoma following blocked vein or associated with diabetes)
Alcon 2014 Glaucoma Case Study Award winner
Best Poster Award: Midlands Ophthalmological Society meeting (2012)
Best Poster Award - International Congress on Glaucoma Surgery (2012)
Chris Chew Memorial Meeting: 1st prize. Case presentation (2011)
Sankey Medical Prize (runner-up). Case presentation (2010)
Award from the Duke of Edinburgh in recognition for organizing and participating in a charitable medical camp performed in India (2004).
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Fluent
• Tailor R, et al. A Case of Refractory Neovascular Glaucoma Treated with a XEN 45 Implant. J Glaucoma 2018; 27:929-930
•Tailor R et al. Long term outcome of intravitreal Bevacizumab followed by Ahmed valve implantation in the management of neovascular glaucoma. Semin Ophthalmol 2017 [epub ahead of print].
• Tailor R et al. Fronto-orbital mucocoele and orbital involvement in occult obstructive frontal sinus disease. Br J Ophthalmol 2016;100:525-530
• Tailor R et al. A National Survey of Glaucoma Specialists on the preoperative (trabeculectomy) management of the ocular surface. Semin Ophthalmol 2014:9; 1-7
•Man dalos A, Tailor R et al. The long term outcomes of glaucoma drainage devices in Paediatric glaucoma. J Glaucoma. 2014;23:56-60.
• Tailor R et al. Cataract surgery in patients with nanophthalmos (letter). Ophthalmology 2014;2:121.
• Batra R, Tailor R et al. Ocular surface disease exacerbated glaucoma – optimising the ocular surface improves intraocular pressure control. Journal of Glaucoma. 2014;1:56-60.
• Tailor R et al. A case of severe Hydroxychloroquine retinal toxicity in a patient with renal impairment. Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine. 9th December 2012 [epub].
• Tailor R et al. A case of fungal keratitis secondary to Cylindrocarpon destructans. Open Journal of Ophthalmology. 2012;2:31-33.
• Tailor R et al. Evaluation of patients’ experience at different stages of the intravitreal injection procedure - what can be improved. Clin Ophthalmol. 2011;5:1499-502
• Musa F, Tailor R et al. Contact lens-related microbial keratitis in deployed British military personnel. Br J Ophthalmol. 2010 Jun 24. [Epub ahead of print].
• Tailor R et al. Ocular manifestations of scleroderma. Surv Ophthalmol. 2009 Mar-Apr; 54(2):292-304.
• Tailor R et al. Intracranial dermoid cyst presenting as a isolated fourth nerve palsy. J Neurol. 2009 Feb 25
• Tailor, R et al. Metatstatic Rena cell carcinoma presenting as a chalazion. Eye advance online publication 17 November 2006.
• Tailor R, submitted for publication. Pigment dispersion syndrome. Key Topics in Ophthalmology. JP medical publishers.
• Tailor R, Sood V. 2011. The patient who presents to the ophthalmologist complaining of dry and gritty sensation of the eyes. In: Silver R, Denton C. Springer, ed. Case Studies in Systemic Sclerosis. Springer. Pp 317-329.
Courses offered to GPs
Glaucoma - Epidemiology, clinical features and management
- BSc in Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry Queen Mary College - University of London 1997
- MBBS (with distinction in Pathology) Queen Mary College - University of London 2000
- MRCP Royal college of physicians 2004
- FRCOphth Royal college of Ophthalmologists 2011
- Glaucoma Fellowship Moorfields Eye Hospital 2013
Reference number 4693352
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.