- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
BABCP member 091140 – Accredited since August 2012.
Post-Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy, Edge Hill University; 2010.
• CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling – Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy at Wirral Metropolitan College; 2008.
• Foundation Degree in Addictions Counselling, University of Bath, Learning Partnerships, franchised programme delivered by Clouds House.
In 2005-2006, frequency of the first year with successful completion of the following subjects:
◦ Interpersonal Model of Group Therapy
◦ 12 Steps Approach and Social Support
◦ Ethical and Diversity Issues
• Diploma in Chemical Dependence Counselling, (1993) Hazelden Foundation endorsed training programme.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE in the psychotherapy field
From January 2016 to present
I have been working as an independent, self-employed psychotherapist receiving referrals from different organisations:
- Practicing privileges as CBT practitioner within the Priory Group Network of Therapists.
- Provision of face to face and phone CBT to patients referred by CBT Clinics. Working mainly with Post-Traumatic Reactions and PTSD.
- Provision of CBT online at IESO.
July 2015 to April 2016
Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist at Inclusion Matters Wirral (South Staffordshire and Shropshire NHS Trust) providing CBT interventions to primary care patients in the context of an IAPT programme. Working with adult patients suffering from a range of psychological difficulties (depression, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic reactions and PTSD).
December 2011 to June 2015.
Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist at Trent Wirral PTS providing CBT psychological treatment to primary care patients in GP surgeries in the Wirral, in the context of an IAPT programme. Working with adult patients suffering from a range of psychological difficulties (depression, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic reactions and PTSD).
Private practice in West Kirby, Wirral, 11A Hydro Avenue. Cognitive Behavioural, Schema-Focused, Interpersonal and Systemic Models have been at the core of my clinical work, thus informing assessment, case formulation and treatment plan development, and choice of therapeutic interventions. I have been treating adult patients suffering from a range of psychological difficulties and from addictions.
Private practice at the Priory Altrincham Hospital as Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist from 2013 to present. Providing face to face individual therapy to adult patients suffering from a range of psychological difficulties
2009 to 2011
Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist at the Priory Hospital Altrincham.
2005 - 2009
Senior Addiction Counsellor at Sharp Liverpool structured day programme for substance abuse clients. SHARP- Liverpool was part of the charity Action on Addiction.
Counselling work at Sharp included individual and group therapy work, assessment, case management, treatment planning and referral of chemical dependent clients who quite often presented complex issues and needs such as personality disorders, eating disorders, abuse issues, PTSD and OCD symptoms, depression and anxiety. Utilising interpersonal and CBT models in individual and group psychotherapy.
Addiction Counsellor in structured residential rehabilitation programmes for substance abuse clients at the Association for the Treatment of Addictions, ATT, in Portugal.
Trainee Counsellor at the Aseiri Residential Treatment Centres; Republic of Ireland, as part of the Hazelden Diploma in Chemical Dependence Counselling.
OTHER RELEVANT SKILLS
Portuguese – first language.
English – fluent.
Areas of interest
-Therapeutic Models for Addictions and Substance Abuse;
-Mindfulness and its applications to psychotherapy;
-Acceptance and Commitment Therapy;
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management