- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I have more than 20 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. I have been Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Mid Yorks NHS Trust since 2009 and have wide experience in benign gynaecology.
I have a special interest in laparoscopic surgery and regularly perform laparoscopic removals of tubes, ovaries and ovarian cysts. I perform conservative surgeries for menorrhagia including NovaSure.
Additionally, I have a special interest in early pregnancy problems including recurrent miscarriage.
I am an Accredited Colposcopist and regularly deal with abnormal smears and irregular vaginal bleeding.
I keep myself updated with current literature and provide best evidence based practice.
Areas of interest
Management of heavy periods including medical and surgical management.
Hysteroscopy procedure, Endometrial ablation surgery, NovaSure for heavy periods.
Investigation and management of pelvic pain. Laparoscopy investigation and treatment
Laparoscopic Ovarian cyst removal & removal of Ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Hysterectomy vaginal & abdominal Prolapse surgery, Vaginal repair operation, Vaginal & Labial reconstructive surgery.
Abnormal cervical smears plus high risk HPV, Colposcopy, Management of precancerous condition of Vulva, Vagina & Cervix
Management of vulval disorders. Chronic vulval pain,Lichen sclerosis
Management of Premenstrual syndrome, Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Early pregnancy problems including recurrent miscarriage
- Julie Fairfield
- Spire Dewsbury Longlands Consulting Rooms Cullingworth Street Dewsbury WF13 4AN
- 01924 236484
- Linda Whittaker
- Spire Methley Park Hospital Methley Lane Methley LEEDS LS26 9HG
- 01977 664259
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Stephen J Hill Fee Assured
- Dr Ashutosh Sinha Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at the Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
Courses offered to GPs
I offer GP Education on the following topics
-Bleeding and pain in early pregnancy
-Menopause NICE guidance
-Management in Menorrhagia in primary and secondary care NICE Guidance
Within my clinical practice at Spire Healthcare, there has been no concerns with my clinical practice, and a 0% return to theatre and infection rate.
- MBBS. Batchelor of Medicine and Batchelor of Surgery Kanpur university India 1993
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Kanpur university India 1995
- DNB (MD) Doctor of Medicine. Obstetrics & Gynaecology India 1997
- MRCOG Member of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists RCOG London 2002
- Special skill Module in Gynaecology scanning Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2005
- Special skill module in Advanced Laparoscopy surgery Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2008
- Accredited Colposcopist British Society of Colposcopy & Cervical Cytology 2003
Reference number 5204151
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member of Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist RCOG 2002
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology BSCCP 2003
- Member of British Menopause Society British Menopause Society 2019
- Cullingworth StreetDEWSBURYWF13 4AN
- 13:00 - 16:00
- 01924 410610
- Methley LaneMethleyLEEDSLS26 9HG
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01977 664217
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Please contact hospital direct
Spire Methley Park - 01977 518518
Spire Elland - 01924 410610