- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
I am a chartered counselling psychologist and have additional qualifications in trauma therapy and supervision. I have over ten years NHS experience in a range of settings, including adult mental health services and GP surgeries and I am currently in independent practice.
As a Doctor of Counselling Psychology my training has been in a wide range of theoretical approaches as accredited by the British Psychological Society and this enables me to work effectively with people with a wide range of psychological difficulties and mental health problems.
I am a member of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the British Psychological Society and on the Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS).
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Depression; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; Couples; Bereavement;
- David Briggs Doctorate in Counselling Psychology 2011
- David Briggs EMDR Europe Accredited 2009
- David Briggs BSc (Hons) 2004
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- David Briggs British Psychological Society 2005
- David Briggs EMDR Europe 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors, 2014
- HCPC, 2013