- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Maternal and foetal medicine
Areas of interest
Ultrasound of ovarian cysts/tumours;
Treatment of fibroids;
Treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding;
Treatment of prolapse;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Hywel Dda University Health Board
Withybush General Hospital, Haverfordwest
Glangwili General Hospital, Carmarthen
Honorary Lecturer Cardiff University
Scanning of ovarian tumours
Teaching Medical students
1. Saysneh A, Kaijser J, Preisler J, Smith AA, Raslan F, Johnson S, Husicka R, Ferrara L, Stalder C, Ghaem-Maghami S, Timmerman d, Bourne T: Accuracy of ultrasonography performed by examiners with varied training and experience in predicting specific pathology of adnexal masses. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2015 ay;45(5)6.
2. Sayasneh A, Wynants L, Preisler J, Kaijser J, Johnson S, Stalder C, Husicka R, Abdallah Y, Raslan F, Drought A, Smith AA, Ghaem-Maghami S, Epstein E, Van Calster B, Timmerman D, Bourne T.Multicentre external validation of IOTA prediction models and RMI by operators with varied training. Br J Cancer. 2013 Jun 25
3. Sayasneh A, Kaijser J, Preisler J, Johnson S, Stalder C, Husicka R, Guha S, Naji O, Abdallah Y, Raslan F, Drought A, Smith AA, Fotopoulou C, Ghaem-Maghami S, Van Calster B, Timmerman D, Bourne T.
A multicenter prospective external validation of the diagnostic performance of IOTA simple descriptors and rules to characterize ovarian masses. Gynecol Oncol. 2013 Jul;130(1)
4. Panayotidis C, Husicka R. Tubal ectopic pregnancy on a patient with two previous consecutive laparoscopic tubal sterilization techniques. Gynecol Surg 2013 Jan 18
5. Barnhart K, van Mello NM, Bourne T, Kirk E, Van Calster B, Bottomley C, Chung K, Condous G, Goldstein S, Hajenius PJ, Mo BW, Molinaro T, O´Flynn O´Brien KL, Husicka R, Sammel M, Timmerman D. Pregnancy of unknown location: a consensus statement of nomenclature, definitions, and outcome. Fertil Steril. 2011 Mar 1;95(3)
6. Abdallah Y, Pexsters A, Luts J, Naji O, Guelinckx I, Devlieger R, Kirk E, Husicka R, Bottomley C, Lees C, Timmerman D, Bourne T. The influence of pre-pregnancy BMI and maternal weight gain in pregnancy on fetal size at 12 weeks: a cross sectional analysis.
Oral communication at the 20th World congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG 2010) Prague 10-14.10.2010
7. Abdallah Y, Pexsters A, Luts J, Naji O, Guelinckx I, Devlieger R, Kirk E, Husicka R,
Bottomley C, Lees C, Timmerman D, Bourne T. The effect of BMI on first trimester CRL growth: a longitudinal analysis. Oral poster presentation at the 20th World congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG 2010) Prague 10-14.10.2010.
8. Crha I, Kralikova M, Melounova J, Ventruba P, Zakova J, Beharka R, Husicka R, Pohanka M, Huser M. Seminal plasma homocysteine, folate and cobalamin in men with obstructive azoospermia. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2010 Sep;27(9-10)
Werndale BMI Hospital:
- Re-admission rate 0%
- Post operative infection rate 0%
- Mortality rate 0%
- Board II in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (eq. to M.R.C.O.G. II and C.C.S.T.) Institute of Postgraduate Education in Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic 2001
- ATSM in Maternal Medicine RCOG 2009
Reference number 6106940
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Associate
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.