- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Alison Smith
- BMI Carrick Glen Hospital Dalmellington Road AYR KA6 6PG
- 01292 288882
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary
Bone infection (chronic osteomyelitis, thesis for masters degree).
Dislocation of the shoulder.
1. Upper limb deep venous thrombosis following a simple clavicle fracture.
2. Anterior interosseous nerve palsy as a complication of proximal humerus fracture: a case report.
3. Spontaneous hand compartment syndrome in a patient with Limited Cutaneous Systemic Sclerosis (LcSSc)
4. Percutaneous reduction and fixation using two K-wires in paediatric angulated radial neck fractures.
5. Evaluation of the results of treatment of patellar fracture by cannulated screws with threaded tension band wire.
6. Retrograde femoral nailing in elderly patients with supracondylar fracture femur; is it the answer for a clinical problem?
7. Consent in elective joint replacement surgery: Are we doing enough?
8. Fractures of the distal humerus.
9. Comparison between the medial and posterior approaches in the surgical treatment of displaced supracondylar fractures in children.
10. Percutaneous release of tennis elbow. Does it work?
11. The use of bone graft for the reconstruction of a reverse Hill Sach’s -lesion in locked posterior shoulder dislocation.
12. Acute post operative pain management in TKR; A comparative study between PCA and PCA with Local Nerve Block.
13. Functional outcome of operatively treated calcaneal fractures
14. Clinical and radiological results of retrograde femoral nails in elderly patients with supracondylar fracture femur .
15. Learned lesson in the treatment of locked posterior dislocation of shoulder by bone graft.
16. The surgical treatment of locked posterior dislocation of the shoulder using bone Allograft for reconstruction of the humeral head defect. A case report.
Courses offered to GPs
I have set a shoulder protocol which is a pathway to aid smooth referral of patients with shoulder injuries from GP to physio and secondary care.
All patients whom I have operated on are independently reviewed by physiotherapists and scored via Oxford Scoring.
The results are discussed yearly during the appraisal.
I carried out and audit about PROMs (Patient Reported Outcome Measures) and the PREMs (Patient Reported Experience Measures) in my hospital to assess patient satisfaction for my practice.
- MBChB Alexandria University 1982
- Masters Degree of Orthopaedics Alexandria University 1988
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh 1995
- Shoulder Fellowship George Pompidou European Hospital, Paris 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register GM 27th May 2008, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
BOA (British Orthopaedics Association).
GMC (General Medical Council, Reg. No. - 4289964)
BMA (British Medical Assocation).
- BMI Carrick Glen, Dalmellington Road AYR KA6 6PG
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01292 288882
- Highgrove ClinicCoulton HouseHarrison...
- 18:00 - 19:00
- 01228 593906
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr. Sameh S Ansara (myself).