- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- General cross sectional
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
1)Title/Degrees: Consultant Radiologist
Dr Ajay Sahu.
MBBS, MS (Ortho), MRCS, FRCR
2) Post : Consultant Radiologist with Musculoskeletal (MSK) interest at London Northwest Healthcare University NHS Trust.
3) Clinical interests : Musculoskeletal and spinal radiology, Sports imaging, Musculoskeletal ultrasound with image guided intervention.
4) Professional membership : Royal College of Radiology,
Dr Ajay Sahu is a Consultant Radiologist with Musculoskeletal (MSK) interest at the London Northwest Healthcare NHS Trust, London. He undertook structured Royal College approved radiology training (FRCR) in Southwest England and visited the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore as a fellow. He is a senior Lecturer at University of Buckinghamshire.
He has done MS Orthopaedics from Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal in 2003 and has been working in UK since 2004. He decided to change career in 2009 and switched from Orthopaedics to Radiology in order to specialise in MSK Radiology.
He is an expert in musculoskeletal and sports imaging, both diagnostic and intervention. He does all sorts of ultrasound, CT and fluoroscopy guided procedures. He has won Injury (Elsevier) prize in 2009 in British Trauma Society Meeting, UK.
He is a reviewer of several referred scientific journals including British medical journal and Journal of hand Surgery. He has published 28 indexed articles (12 in pubmed), has been a keynote speaker and lectured at over 194 international and national meetings. He has 52 published abstracts, 40 oral presentations in international meetings, 46 oral presentations in UK national meetings, 57 posters in international meetings and 52 poster presentations in UK national meetings.
Publications (peer reviewed/indexed):
1. Roi DP, Schamroth JL, Sahu A. Scar endometriosis: a mimic of acute abdominal emergencies. BJR Case Rep 2017; 2: 20170019.
2. Muscle mania: the quest for the perfect body. Hameed M, Sahu A, Johnson MB. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Dec 1;2016. (PMID:27908914)
3. Ruptured intracranial dermoid cyst causing headache and meningism. Thakker C, Sahu A. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Mar 9;2016. (PMID: 26961555)
4. Patients’ Perceptions of quality of care during elective total knee replacement. Sahu A, Anand S. Ann R Coll Surg Engl (Suppl) 2014; 96:2, Feb 2014, pp. e1-e5(5).
5. Management of 5th Metacarpal Fractures: A survey of current practice among upper limb surgeons in United Kingdom. Hand Surg. 2012; 17 (1):55-63.(PMID:22351534)
6. Re: The radiology report – report – Are we getting the message across? S Chhatani, Ajay Sahu . Clin radiol. 2012 Feb 27 (PMID:22376990)
7. The use of wedges for improving visualisation of the joint space in wrist radiographs. Wilson T, Sahu A. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2011 Apr;93(3):256. (PMID:21477445)
8. ‘Re-operation for metalwork for metalwork complications following the use of volar locking plates for distal radius’. Hand Surg 2011;16(2):113-8 (PMID:21548144)
9. Extraosseous aneurysmal cyst in hand. Sahu A, Gujral SS, Gaur S. Cases J. 2008 Oct 24;1(1):268.(PMID: 18950488)Arterial Injury in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Butt U, Sahu A, Johnson DS, Turner PG. J Arthroplasty 2010 Dec; 25(8):1311-8. (PMID: 20580198)
10. The effect of trainee involvement on procedure and list times: A statistical analysis with discussion of current issues affecting orthopaedic training in UK. The Surgeon, Volume 8, Issue 1, Feb 2010, Pages 15-19.T. Wilson, A. Sahu, P.G. Turner. (PMID: 20222398)
11. Secondary chondrosarcoma in an enchondroma in a proximal phalanx of toe. A diagnostic problem. R. Mahajan, R. Dalal, A. Sahu, D. Dalal, R. Banzal, S. Anand. Foot (Edinb). 2009 Mar;19(1):62-4. (PMID: 20307452)
12. Return to work and driving following arthroscopic subacromial decompression and acromio-clavicular joint excision. C. P. Charalambous, A. Sahu, M. J. Ravenscroft. Shoulder & Elbow. Vol 2, Issue 2, Pages 83-86, April 2010.
Areas of interest
Sports Injuries; Ligament injuries; Shoulder problems; Impingement Syndrome; Tennis and Golfers elbow; Carpal tunnel syndrome; hip and groin pain, Knee pain; Knee instability; foot and ankle problems; Plantar fasciitis; achilles tendinopathy; Backache;
Reference number 6082767