- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Laurence Heslop trained in Surgery and Emergency Medicine prior to his specialist training in Sport and Exercise Medicine. During his specialist training he worked as an expedition and remote medicine doctor providing medical support fund raising charities and the British Army.
He has provided medical cover to Formula One, World Touring cars, the London Marathon as well as Football, Basketball, Triathlon and disability Sport. Dr Laurence Heslop is the co-founder of sports injury software used by over 60 clubs in 15 countries and has worked with the Brazil National Football team, Premier League champions, collaborated with the UEFA Champions League and the FA. He continues his charitable work providing his medical software free of charge to grass-roots football in Africa.
Areas of interest
Bupa Senior Regional Lead MSK Physician; Sports Injuries; tendon, muscle and joint injuries; Achilles tendon; Overuse injuries; Contact injuries; Running injuries; Stress fractures; Tendon; Sports Trauma; Tendonitis; Tendonopathy; Tennis elbow; Shin splints; Hip disorders; Musculoskeletal medicine; Soft tissue injections; Musculoskeletal ultrasound; Muscle, joint or ligament pain; Ankle pain; Elbow pain; Football injuries; Groin disorders; Knee pain; Joint injection; Orthopaedics; Back pain
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery MBBCh Queens University of Belfast 2000
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons MRCS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2004
- Diploma of Sport and Exercise Medicine DipSEM Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2010
- Member of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine MFSEM Faulty of Sport and Exercise Medicine 2010
- Master of Science Sport and Exercise Medicine MSc Nottingham University 2011
- Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine FSEM Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine 2012
Reference number 4720786
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport and Exercise Medicine, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
Member of the Royal College of Surgeons
Member of the European College of Sports and Exercise Physicians
Member of the American College of Sports Medicine
Member of the Spinal Intervention Society
Member of the Medical Protection Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.