- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Interventional radiology
- Non-vascular interventional radiology
Following her qualification as a Radiologist, Dr Mailli underwent training as a fellow at the Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospital in the field of Interventional Radiology.
During her training she was granted research grants and completed her Master, MsC and PhD degrees in the field of Interventional Radiology.
She also holds the EBIR (European Board of Interventional Radiology) diploma.
Currently she is a substantive Interventional Radiology consultant at St George’s NHS Foundation Trust and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University. Furthermore she is the Interventional Radiology lead for Major Trauma at St’ George’s and the Radiology teaching lead of St’ George’s University.
Leto has published several scientific papers and book chapters. She has given numerous presentations and was invited as lecturer in national and international conferences.
Her main clinical interest involves gynaecologic and vascular diseases.
Areas of interest
Gynaecologic Interventions: Fibroid embolization; Pelvic Congestion Syndrome: fibroids; fibroid treatment; pelvic pain; chronic abdominal pain; adenomyosis; pain during menstruation; dysmenorrhea; bleeding during menstruation; menorrhagea; labial varicosities.
Vascular Interventions: Varicose veins; Laser; thread veins; leg pain; prominent veins; painful veins; unsighful veins
Central/Peripheral venous accesses: Lines for medications; PICC lines; portacath; port insertion.
Vascular anomalies: painful veins; unsightful veins
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Interventional Radiologist at St George's NHS Foundation Trust
Senior Honorary Lecturer at St George's Medical University
• Fibroid embolisation (Co-Investigator of FEMME trial)
• Peripheral vascular disease (Co-Investigator of FREERIDE and BASIL Trials)
• Embolisation procedures
• Pelvic venous congestion
• Vascular malformations
• Varicose veins
• Honorary Senior Lecturer at St George's University
• 4 funded training and research grants
• 2 International scientific presentation award winning
• PhD awarded as excellent
• Master awarded as excellent
• Prophylactic occlusion balloon placement in internal iliac arteries for the prevention of postpartum haemorrhage due to morbidly adherent placenta: short term outcomes. Radiol Med. 2017
• "Transiliac paraendograft embolization of type 2 endoleak: an alternative approach to endoleak management” Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2016
• "Systematic review and meta-analysis of thermal ablation versus surgical nephrectomy for small renal tumours" Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2014
• “Embolisation of type 2 endoleaks after endovascular aneurysm repair” The Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery 2013
• “Embolization of the internal iliac artery before EVAR: Is it effective? Is it safe? Which technique should be used?” Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2014
• “Clinical outcome and safety of multilevel vertebroplasty: Clinical Experience and Results” Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2013
Courses offered to GPs
Treatment of uterine fibroids
Treatment of pelvic congestion syndrome
Treatment of varicose veins
Endovascular treatment of peripheral arterial disease
Always delighted to deliver educational talks
- Medical degree, MD 3rd Medical Faculty, Charle's University, Prague 2000
- Master in Interventional Radiology (2yr) Medical University of Athens 2009
- Clinical Radiology Specialist Recognition Perfecture of Athens 2010
- PhD Medical University of Athens 2011
- MSc Onasis Institution and St George's Hospital 2013
- EBIR European Board of Interventional Radiology 2013
- CIRSE educational fellowship St George's Hospital 2009
- CIRSE educational fellowship Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital 2012
- GCP Good Clinical Practice 2014
- Advanced Life Support ALS Guy's Hospital 2013
- Interventional Radiology fellowship Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital 2013
Reference number 7068990
Affiliations / memberships
GMC General Medical Council
BMA British Medical Association
CIRSE Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe
ESR European Society of Radiology
RSNA Radiological Society of North America
BSIR British Society of Interventional Radiologists
- Spire St Anthony's Hospital
- 08:30 - 12:00
- 020 3811 4540
- Veincentre, 10 Knaresborough Pl, Kensington,...
- 14:00 - 19:00
- 01782 753960
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Leto Mailli
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: letomailli