- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Neonatal medicine
Dr Badr Chaban trained in neonatology at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, University College London Hospital and the Royal London Hospital. He completed a master’s degree in advanced paediatrics and child health at University College London in 2013.
In 2013 he was appointed as a consultant neonatologist at Chelsea and Westminster Healthcare NHS Trust. In 2015 he was appointed as a neonatal consultant at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, working at both Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital and St Mary’s Hospital. Since 2014 he has been working as an associate director of the Centre of Perinatal Neurosciences at Imperial College, London.
Areas of interest
Current NHS consultant posts held
Associate Director, Centre for Perinatal Neuroscience
Honorary Senior Research Fellow
Department of Paediatrics
Imperial College London and Imperial Neonatal Service
He is closely involved in neonatal MR imaging and various cerebral MR biomarkers studies. His work entails detailed neurological assessment and monitoring growth of high risk babies and evaluating their developmental progress.
• Montaldo P, Chaban B, Lally PJ, Sebire N, Taylor AM, Thayyil S Quantification of ante-mortem hypoxic ischemic brain injury on post-mortem cerebral magnetic resonance imaging in neonatal encephalopathy (2015 Eur J Neuro Radiology)
• Pauliah S$1, Lally PJ$1, Montaldo P, Badr Chaban§2,..… Thayyil S ($1 Joint first authors; §2Joint second authors) Magnetic Resonance Biomarkers in Neonatal Encephalopathy (MARBLE): A Prospective Multi-Country Observational Study ((2015BMJ open).
• B Chaban, E Ogundipe, SL Chuang… - Archives of Disease in Children 2012 - adc.bmj.com (Effects of Aquaphor on Transepidermal Water Loss and Electrolyte Balance in Preterm Newborn Infants )
• P Montaldo, L Montaldo, B Chaban, S Thayyil “Asphyxia: Risk Factors, Prevalence and Neurological Impacts, Perinatal infection as risk factor of neonatal encephalopathy, 2014 (in press)
• ”Search and Rescue” Association The Emergency and Disaster Medicine Society in Romania” In partnership with: University of Oradea – Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy and the College of Physicians from Romania and Emergency County Hospital Oradea - UPU-SMURD. The Fifth edition, 2013.
- MSC UCL 2014
- M.R.C.P.C.H Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (UK), 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health UK (RCPCH)
Neonatal Society UK
British Medical Association (BMA)
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: badrchaban