- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Areas of interest
Inflammatory arthritis; Connective Tissue Diseases; Lupus; Ankylosing Spondylitis; Carpal tunnel syndrome; Gout; Fibromyalgia; back pain; neck pain; shoulder pain; soft tissue rheumatism; joint injections
- BMI National Enquiries Centre
- London Independent Hospital 1 Beaumont Square London E1 4NL
- 0808 101 0337
Current NHS consultant posts held
Dr Selvan is a Consultant Rheumatologist at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Her main private practice locations are The Nuffield Hospital in Brentwood, The Holly Hospital and BMI London Independent hospital both in east London, and One Stop Doctors in Hemel Hempstead.
She is also the Undergraduate Lead for Medical Education at Basildon Hospital, and is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at University College London.
She is a member of the MRCP Question Writing Group for Rheumatology for Part 1 and Part 2 written examinations.
Dr Selvan graduated from Royal Free & University College London Medical School. She undertook her junior doctor training in the Oxford Deanery and gained her consultant CCST qualifications in both Rheumatology and General Medicine in 2015.
She has extensive experience in dealing with a wide range of general rheumatological problems including Osteoporosis, inflammatory arthritis, back pain, Gout, and Fibromyalgia.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- MBBS University College London 2005
- BSc Pharmacology University College London 2003
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2007
- Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Education University College London/ Royal College of Physicians 2014
Reference number 6129378
Details of entry to specialist register
- Dr Shilpa Selvan, CCT in Rheumatology and GIM, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
- 1 Beaumont SquareStepney GreenLONDONE1 4NL
- 10:00 - 13:00
- 020 7780 2400
- High Road, Buckhurst Hill, IG9 5HX
- 18:30 - 20:30
- 020 8505 3311
- One Stop Doctors LtdOne Medical HouseBoundary...
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 01442 331900
- Shenfield Road Shenfield BRENTWOOD CM15 8EH
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01277 695695
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.