- Not Fee assured
- Verified account
- General cardiology
I am a full time Consultant Cardiologist working within the NHS. I fully participate in a consultant cardiologist emergency 24/7 on call rota.
Areas of interest
Arrhythmias; Syncope; Angina; Viral and Bacterial infections of the heart; Heart Valve disease; Heart muscle abnormalities (Cardiomyopathies); Dizziness; D.C. Cardioversion Therapy for cardiac rhythm abnormalities. Long Covid cardiac symptoms.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist Great Western Hospital, Swindon, Wiltshire
Viral infections of the heart. Bacterial infections of the heart. Endocrine causes of high blood pressure. Coronary artery spasm. Blackouts and dizziness.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Conversational
New England Journal of Medicine.
BMJ Case Reports.
British Journal of Cardiology (Heart)
Courses offered to GPs
Once yearly organised by Swindon Postgraduate centre.
- FRCP UK Royal College of Physicians London 1999
- British Society of Echocardiography British Society of Echocardiography 1998
Reference number 2636186
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member of British Cardiovascular Society Training Committee British Cardiovascular Society 2012
- Training Programme Director in Cardiology Health Education England (Severn) 2012
- Member of Specialist Advisory Training Committee in Cardiology Royal College of Physicians 2012
- BMI The Ridgeway Hospital Moormead Road...
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 01793 816008
- Great Western Hospital, SN3 6BB
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 01793 604494
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details