- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Hand surgery
Mr Jonathan Adamthwaite is a fully accredited Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon with outstanding clinical expertise and experience having won three international fellowships and three international awards. He has over twelve years experience in plastic surgery.
Areas of interest
Breast reconstruction: implants, pedicled flaps, and microvascular/microsurgical DIEP flaps; Skin lesions and skin cancer; Facial reconstruction; Abdominal reconstruction; Upper and lower limb reconstruction; Hand surgery; Paediatric plastic surgery
Current NHS consultant posts held
York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Breast surgery and reconstruction; Skin lesions and skin cancer; Facial lesions, reconstruction and facial palsy; Hand and upper limb nerve entrapment and problems.
Spending time with family and friends, sport and art
Ellison-Cliffe Fellowship, Royal Society of Medicine, London
HCA International Foundation Award
Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand Award
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Conversational
- Spanish - Conversational
Mr Adamthwaite has published extensively in peer-reviewed international journals and has written three book chapters on plastic surgery with the most recent in a new, ground-breaking and best-selling book on Plastic and Recon- structive Surgery (http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/ productCd-1118655427,subjectCd-MDU5.html).
Courses offered to GPs
Mr Adamthwaite is actively involved in a year round programme of events specifically for GPs. Please contact the relevant hospital.
Re-admission rate = 0%
Mortality rate = 0%
Post-operative infection rate = 0.01%
Patient feedback and reviews: please see the following validated patient feedback websites iwantgreatcare & realself, and direct links to my reviews are at:
- BA University of Oxford 1997
- BM University of Oxford 1997
- MBBS Royal Free and University College London 2002
- MA (Oxon) University of Oxford 2001
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2013
- FRCS (Plast) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2013
- Microvascular and Oncoplastic Breast Fellowship Royal Marsden Hospital, London 2014
- Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand Fellowship Kaplan Institute, Barcelona 2015
- Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship The Wellington Hospital and Kind Edward VIIth Hospital, London 2013
- Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery Fellow Boston, USA 2015
Reference number 6040051
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
All patients are provided with my mobile number so they have the reassurance they can contact me ay any time in an emergency