- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) MSK
Sportswise is a specialist private clinic for the treatment of sports injuries and musculoskeletal problems. Our aim is to help you return to your sport, work, or life and leisure activities as safely and as quickly as possible.
We treat the full range of sporting injuries in sports people at all levels, from hobbyist to elite, and of all ages. We also offer treatment for all musculoskeletal problems, whether related to sport, occupation or everyday life.
Working within a multidisciplinary team, alongside our Medical Director, a Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine, a podiatrist, nutritionist and sport massage therapist, enables all your needs to be addressed. Their relationship with our Sports and Exercise Consultant, and other local specialists, allow a smooth and timely onward referral if required.
We also have APPI qualified physiotherapists that teach modified Pilates (1:1 and classes) as part of a rehabilitation program. An assessment includes the use of real time ultrasound imaging to assess the effectiveness of deep muscle activation.
Our physiotherapists are all registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Health and Care Professions Council. Collectively they have a wealth of postgraduate experience in the assessment and management of musculoskeletal disorders and sports injuries.
Areas of interest
• Western acupuncture (intramuscular stimulation) (MSK)
• Back pain (MSK)
• Sports injuries (MSK)
• Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) MSK
• Vestibular rehabilitation
• Joint mobilisation & manipulation
• Massage & other myofascial techniques
• Taping including kinesio taping
• Therapeutic ultrasound
• Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (Compex)
• Exercise prescription including modified Pilates & sport specific rehabilitation
• Ergonomic advice & work station assessment
• Movement analysis including running assessments
Running injuries; Tennis elbow; Lumbar (lower back); Shoulder pain; Ankle pain; Knee pain; Lower back pain; Neck pain; Back pain; Sports injuries; Vestibular rehabilitation; Pilates