- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I am 47 years of age and I have two children age 19 and 15. I really enjoy running. I have worked in mental health since the age of 18 and I am passionate about helping others.
Areas of interest
I am a fully accredited Cognitive behavioural therapist with the BABCP. I work for the NHS also as a Cognitive behavioural Therapist.
I am also qualified in EMDR-Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Therapy. I have also completed the Foundation year in Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy MBCT. This enables me to teach Mindfulness.
I have a background in Mental Health Nursing and I am also a registered mental health nurse.
Additionally I am currently training in Clinical hypnotherapy.
I work with a range of problems from
depression;anxiety;eating disorders;PTSD;phobias;social anxiety;health anxiety; social anxiety;low self esteem,OCD.
I also specialise in working with long term conditions such as COPD,cancer,diabetes
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
Current NHS consultant posts held
Worked for the Derbyshire NHS.
IESO digital Health.
Walking with the Wounded.
I am interested in progressing further with EMDR and eventually also to work with children.
Long term conditions.
Also in clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP.
I enjoy running and have completed two half marathons. The most recent was the Great North Run 2019 where I ran for the Charity Walking with the Wounded.
I love animals and I am passionate about helping others.
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist DerbyUniversity 2008
- EMDR Therapist EMDR Europe 2013
- certificate in health promotion Open university 2004
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Derby school of Nursing 1994
- Long term conditions Nottingham University 2017
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Nottingham Mindfulness centre 2018
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- registered mental health Nurse NMC 1994
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist BABCP 2009
- clinical hypnotherapy Rugley hHypnotherapy 2018
Affiliations / memberships