- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
Laurie is a registered mental health nurse and accredited cognitive behavioural therapist (CBT). He also has specialist qualifications in child and adolescent mental health, EMDR therapy, and NLP.
Laurie is the author of the Cool Connections Programme (Jessica Kingsley Publishers) and has a wide range of experience in working with both adults and young people in a number of different clinical settings.
During the past 15 years Laurie has provided CBT to a large number of adults, children, and families. This has involved both individual help and running group programmes within schools. His work has involved crisis and early intervention work which meets the governments every child matters criteria and group programmes which link in with the National Curriculum. Laurie is CRB checked and fully insured. Laurie currently runs his own CBT practice providing CBT and/or EMDR therapy to both adults and children by personal request. He is also funded independently by a number of local school to support children. This involves a combination of CBT, staff and family consultations, and small group work. Further information and feedback from clients can be found on his website.
Areas of interest
Child and Adolescents
Author of the book Cool Connections With CBT For Children. Published by Jessica Kingsley
- Mental Health Nursing Diploma Brunel University 1997
- Post Graduate Diploma in CBT UEA University 2005
- BA (Hons) Child & Adolescent mental Health Studies Homer ton University Cambridge 2004
- BSc (Hons) Specialist Nursing Practice APU University 2001
- EMDR Diploma Europe 2015
- EMDR Child and Adolescent Europe 2015
- Master Practitioner NLP Society of NLP 2011
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) session - (5-50)