- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
Mental ill health can be terrifying. I aim to listen to a person in distress and attempt to demystify and simplify symptoms experienced. Having worked with persons suffering from all types of conditions the emphasis in therapy is to take the time it takes to reach the desired destination.
Therapy is about the relationship, the journey, and the bumps in the road. Sometimes it is necessary to stop and go back en route - but that's ok.
Areas of interest
I work with adults aged 18- 65 suffering any form of psychological distress. Symptoms can range from low levels of concentration to a complete inability to function. I offer a secure and safe place to be heard to attempt to break down something that has been a block to progress.
Interest areas: Anxiety and Depression; cultural specific issues; work-place stress; periods of transition; personal trauma/historical abuse.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
- MSc Occupational and Organisational Psychology University of East London 1993
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling University of Leicester 2001
- BSc(Hons) Psychology and Sociology Brunel University 1982
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Registered Member MBACP (Accred) , 2013
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Counselling session - (>50)
Psychotherapy session - (5-50)