- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Ash Shetty is a Consultant in Pain Management and Anaesthesia at the University College London Hospitals. He is the lead for Education and Neuromodulation at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. Dr Shetty is the Adolescent transition lead and is an Honorary Consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
He specializes in use of Neuromodulation for managing complex neuropathic pain conditions including chronic back, leg and pelvic pain. He has a special interest in Sports Medicine, abdominal and pelvic pain.
His research interests are in Neuromodulation and Neuropathic pain
Areas of interest
Chronic Pain;Neuro-modulation;Spinal Cord Stimulation;Sports Medicine; Pelvic Pain;CRPS; post surgical pain conditions
- Abdomino pelvic pain Symposium: http://www.pelvicpainsymposium.com
- Ultrasound in Pain medicine: http://www.uspmlondon.com/2013/11/the-next-ra-uk-ultrasound-in-pain.html
- The Royal Society of Medicine-Chronic Pain: https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/events-listing/2014-2015/sections/pain-medicine-section/pnf04-pain-medicine-study-day.aspx
- International Neuromodulation Masterclass: http://www.painandneuromodulationlondon.com/2017/01/2-3-june-2017-london-united-kingdom.html
- Sports Injuries: https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/events-listing/2016-2017/sections/orthopaedics-section/orh04-sports-injuries-and-sports-orthopaedics.aspx
Current NHS consultant posts held
University College London Hospitals
National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery
Spinal cord stimulation
Chronic Back pain
(Additional) Languages spoken
o test or not to test in Peripheral Nerve stimulation. Neuromodulation 2014 (onlinelibrary.wiley.com) DOI: 10.1111/ner.12240
Percutaneous Peripheral neuromodulation lead insertion using a Novel Stimulating Coudé needle. Neuromodulation 2014 (onlinelibrary.wiley.com) DOI: 10.1111/ner.12126
Burning questions on Pain Management: Part 1 British Journal of Family Medicine, May 2014.
Burning questions on Pain Management: Part 2 British Journal of Family Medicine, July 2014.
Burning questions on Pain Management: Part 3 British Journal of Family Medicine, September 2014.
Textbook chapter: Cranio-facial pain, Textbook of Pain, Oxford University Press, (in Press)
Co-author: SBAs and MCQs for the final FRCA, Oxford University Press, ISBN 9780199661336.
The successful treatment of post-implantation iatrogenic neuropathic pain with Target-Field stimulation using existing stimulating system. A.Shetty, A.Natarajan, D.Pang, S.Eldabe, T.Goroszeniuk European Journal of Pain; suppl F701, Sep 2011
Spinal Nerve Root Stimulation in the Management of Intractable Loin Pain: A Case Series. Al-Kaisy, A.Shetty, S.Palmisani, T.Smith European Journal of Pain; suppl S711 Sep 2011
Courses offered to GPs
1.Queen Square GP Seminars
2. GP Breakfast Seminar at The Lister Hospital
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 2008
- FFPMRCA Faculty of Pain Medicine, RCOA, London 2012
- ECFMG Certified ECFMG(USA) 2009
- Clinical Research Fellowship in Pain Guys & St Thomas Hospital, London 2010
- Specialist Registrar in Anaesthesia Cambridge University Hospitals 2007
Reference number 6080187
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Council Member Royal Society of Medicine 2016
- Core Committee member London Society of Regional Anaesthesia 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Anaesthesia, 2012
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
07764 943 266