- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
I offer specialist assessment and psychological therapy for adults who experience a range of difficulties. I use an integrated approach to therapy, enabling a flexible and tailored approach for short, medium or long-term therapy.
I offer evidence based therapeutic interventions and I have completed post-doctoral training in Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT), Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Attachment Focussed Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (AF-EMDR), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) techniques.
I have worked in the NHS for 13 years, specialising over the past 9 years in working with adults who experience complex mental health difficulties. Over recent years I have developed a specialist interest in trauma therapy.
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Practitioner Psychologist and with the British Psychological Society (BPS) as a Chartered Psychologist.
Areas of interest
PTSD/Trauma (including childhood sexual/ physical/ emotional abuse and neglect); Depression (including low mood, low self-esteem, grief and loss); Anxiety (including panic, worry, phobias, health anxiety, social anxiety); Postnatal difficulites (including postnatal depression, anxiety, birth trauma); Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; Personality difficulties; Self-harm; Eating difficulties/disorders; Relationship difficulties; Attachment difficulties; Stress (work, family, general); Life changes (including divorce, bereavement, health).
Current NHS consultant posts held
Senior Clinical Psychologist
South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) University of Lincoln 2010
- Masters in Forensic Psychology (MSc) Manchester Metropolitan University 2003
- Bachelor of Psychology (BSc Hons) University of Northumbria 2002
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre 2011
- Cognitive Analytical Therapy Practitioner Training Catalyse 2016
- EMDR Part 1-3 Richman EMDR 2016
- DBT Skills Training British Isles DBT 2013
- Attachment Focussed EMDR Parnell Institute for EMDR 2018
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society (BPS) Chartered Psychologist
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Practitioner Psychologist
- Holme Valley Wellbeing Centre
- 08:00 - 17:00
- 07849 126770
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.