- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Foot & Ankle
Mr Lomax is a specialist orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon whose entire elective practice is dedicated to treating conditions of the foot and ankle. He treats a wide variety of problems ranging from simple deformities to highly complex ankle and foot reconstructive procedures.
He has trained extensively in the UK and abroad, working with internationally renowned experts in orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery and sports injuries.
Mr Lomax is one of only a select number of surgeons in the UK to have been fellowship trained in adult foot and ankle surgery at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK.
During this time Mr Lomax was specifically trained in the treatment of complex adult foot and ankle conditions.
Mr Lomax also has specialist fellowship training in the management of sports injuries in the foot and ankle. Training at the highly renowned Fortius sports injuries clinic in London, Mr Lomax spent 6 months working with internationally renowned sports foot and ankle surgeons.
Consequently, Mr Lomax has experience treating athletes from a wide variety of sporting disciplines.
Areas of interest
All adult foot and ankle problems; foot surgery; ankle surgery; foot and ankle pain; ankle arthritis; ankle fusion; ankle arthroscopy; ankle key hole surgery; foot deformity surgery; hallux valgus correction; bunion correction; cheilectomy; fusion of big toe; fore foot reconstruction; toe deformity correction; hammer toe; claw toe; mallet toe; metatarsalgia; bunionette; tailor's bunion; ankle instability; Brostrum ankle ligament reconstruction; ankle osteochondral defects; peroneal tendonitis; Achilles tendonitis; plantar fasciitis; subtalar arthritis; subtalar fusion; triple fusion; mid foot fusion; plantar plate rupture; flat foot correction; pes cavus correction; high arch foot correction; tendon transfer in the foot and ankle;
- Maria Pickersgill
- Spire Leeds Hospital Jackson Avenue Leeds LS8 1NT
- 0113 218 5924
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Will Jones Fee Assured
- Dr Iain Dunn Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon (Foot and Ankle)
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Gamada Ayana Travelling Fellowship Award - 2015
West of Scotland Orthopaedic Research Society
BOFAS Travelling Fellowship Award - 2014
Retrograde Drilling for the Treatment of Osteochondral Defects in the Ankle
Lomax A, Calder JD.
Arthroscopy: Basic to Advanced
European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESKKA)
Editor: Niek van Dijk.
Published by Springer –publication date: Jan 2016
Peer reviewed publications:
1. The broken “ring of fire”: A new radiological sign as a predictor of syndesmosis injury?
Calder J, Mitchell A, Lomax A, Ballal MS, Grice J, Van Dijk, N, Lee J.
Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine 2017(Mar):5(3)
2. Toenail paronychia: A review
Lomax A, Thornton J, Singh D.
Foot and Ankle Surgery 2016(22):219-223
3. Pie-crusting to facilitate skin closure
Singh D, Lomax A.
Foot and Ankle Specialist 2016;9(4):367-371
4. Destructive pseudo-neuroarthropathy associated with calcium pyrophosphate deposition: a case series
Lomax A, Ferrero A, Cullen N, Goldberg A, Singh D.
Foot and Ankle International 2015;36(4):383-390.
5. Should minimally invasive hallux valgus surgery be performed?
Lomax A, Singh D.
Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedics 2015;3(1):50-54
6. Complications and early results after operative fixation of 68 pilon fractures of the distal tibia
Lomax A, Singh A, Madeley NJ, Kumar CS.
Scottish Medical Journal 2015;60(2):79-84.
7. Bilateral tarsometatarsal injuries: An unusual mechanism producing unusual variants
Young PS, Clement VL, Lomax A, Bhadesha J, Miller RJ, Mahendra A.
The Foot 2015;25(2):120-123
8. Quantitative assessment of the sub-chondral vascularity of the talar dome: a cadaveric study
Lomax A, Miller RJ, Fogg QA, Madeley NJ, Kumar CS.
Foot and Ankle Surgery 2014;20(1):57-60.
9. Isolated plantar dislocation of the 1st metatarsophalangeal joint
Lomax A, Miller RJ, Kumar CS.
The Foot 2013;23(4):162-165.
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons 2012
- MBBS University of Newcastle upon Tyne 2003
- Fellowship in Adult Foot and Ankle Surgery Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital 2014
- Fellowship in Sports Foot and Ankle Surgery Fortius Clinic London 2015
Reference number 6077337
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Orthopaedic Foot And Ankle Society
- Nuffield Hospital, 2 Leighton Street, LEEDS,...
- 17:00 - 19:30
- 0113 388 2067
- Nuffield Leeds Hospital, 2 Leighton Street,...
- 10:00 - 13:00
- 0113 388 2067
- Spire Leeds Hospital, Jackson Avenue, Leeds,...
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 0113 218 5908
- Spire Leeds Hospital, Jackson Avenue, Roundhay,...
- 18:00 - 20:30
- 0113 218 5908
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.