- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Video consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 18 Mar 2021
- Foot & Ankle
I am a specialist orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon with an entire elective practice completely dedicated to treating conditions of the foot and ankle. I treat a wide variety of problems ranging from ankle ligament / sports injuries, bunions and toes, to highly complex ankle and foot deformities and reconstructive procedures.
I have trained extensively in the UK and abroad, working with internationally renowned experts in orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery and sports injuries.
I am one of only a select number of surgeons in the UK to have been fellowship trained in adult foot and ankle surgery at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK.
During this time, I was specifically trained in the treatment of complex adult foot and ankle conditions.
I have also gained specialist fellowship training in the management of sports injuries in the foot and ankle. Training at the highly renowned Fortius sports injuries clinic in London, I spent 6 months working with internationally renowned sports foot and ankle surgeons.
Consequently, I have experience treating athletes from a wide variety of sporting disciplines.
Areas of interest
All adult foot and ankle problems; foot surgery; ankle surgery; foot and ankle pain; ankle arthritis; ankle fusion; ankle arthroscopy; ankle key hole surgery; foot deformity surgery; hallux valgus correction; bunion correction; cheilectomy; fusion of big toe; fore foot reconstruction; toe deformity correction; hammer toe; claw toe; mallet toe; metatarsalgia; bunionette; tailor's bunion; ankle instability; Brostrum ankle ligament reconstruction; ankle osteochondral defects; peroneal tendonitis; Achilles tendonitis; plantar fasciitis; subtalar arthritis; subtalar fusion; triple fusion; mid foot fusion; plantar plate rupture; flat foot correction; pes cavus correction; high arch foot correction; tendon transfer in the foot and ankle;
- Maria Pickersgill
- Spire Leeds Hospital Jackson Avenue Leeds LS8 1NT
- 0113 218 5924
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Will Jones Fee Assured
- Dr Iain Dunn Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon (Foot and Ankle)
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Gamada Ayana Travelling Fellowship Award - 2015
West of Scotland Orthopaedic Research Society
BOFAS Travelling Fellowship Award - 2014
Retrograde Drilling for the Treatment of Osteochondral Defects in the Ankle
Lomax A, Calder JD.
Arthroscopy: Basic to Advanced
European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESKKA)
Editor: Niek van Dijk.
Published by Springer –publication date: Jan 2016
Peer reviewed publications:
1. The broken “ring of fire”: A new radiological sign as a predictor of syndesmosis injury?
Calder J, Mitchell A, Lomax A, Ballal MS, Grice J, Van Dijk, N, Lee J.
Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine 2017(Mar):5(3)
2. Toenail paronychia: A review
Lomax A, Thornton J, Singh D.
Foot and Ankle Surgery 2016(22):219-223
3. Pie-crusting to facilitate skin closure
Singh D, Lomax A.
Foot and Ankle Specialist 2016;9(4):367-371
4. Destructive pseudo-neuroarthropathy associated with calcium pyrophosphate deposition: a case series
Lomax A, Ferrero A, Cullen N, Goldberg A, Singh D.
Foot and Ankle International 2015;36(4):383-390.
5. Should minimally invasive hallux valgus surgery be performed?
Lomax A, Singh D.
Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedics 2015;3(1):50-54
6. Complications and early results after operative fixation of 68 pilon fractures of the distal tibia
Lomax A, Singh A, Madeley NJ, Kumar CS.
Scottish Medical Journal 2015;60(2):79-84.
7. Bilateral tarsometatarsal injuries: An unusual mechanism producing unusual variants
Young PS, Clement VL, Lomax A, Bhadesha J, Miller RJ, Mahendra A.
The Foot 2015;25(2):120-123
8. Quantitative assessment of the sub-chondral vascularity of the talar dome: a cadaveric study
Lomax A, Miller RJ, Fogg QA, Madeley NJ, Kumar CS.
Foot and Ankle Surgery 2014;20(1):57-60.
9. Isolated plantar dislocation of the 1st metatarsophalangeal joint
Lomax A, Miller RJ, Kumar CS.
The Foot 2013;23(4):162-165.
- MBBS University of Newcastle upon Tyne 2003
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons 2012
- Fellowship in Sports Foot and Ankle Surgery Fortius Clinic London 2015
- Fellowship in Adult Foot and Ankle Surgery Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital 2014
Reference number 6077337
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Orthopaedic Foot And Ankle Society
- Nuffield Hospital, 2 Leighton Street, LEEDS,...
- 17:00 - 19:30
- 0113 388 2067
- Nuffield Leeds Hospital, 2 Leighton Street,...
- 10:00 - 13:00
- 0113 388 2067
- Spire Leeds Hospital, Jackson Avenue, Leeds,...
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 0113 218 5908
- Spire Leeds Hospital, Jackson Avenue, Roundhay,...
- 18:00 - 20:30
- 0113 218 5908
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.