- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Dr Kuttikat has extensive experience in the management of all aspects of Rheumatic & Musculoskeletal conditions. After receiving his primary medical degree (MB BS) from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, he undertook postgraduate training in London (MRCP, UK) and higher specialist training (MRCP, Rheumatology) in Cambridge (East of England, Specialist Registrar rotation). He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) in London.
He is an experienced medical researcher and serves as a Principal Investigator for National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) portfolio adopted studies. He was awarded MD (research doctorate) by the University of Cambridge, UK for his original research on central pain mechanisms. He has successfully collaborated with neuroscientists as a Visiting Scientist in Medical Research Council, Cognition & Brain Sciences unit, Cambridge, UK.
He is a widely published medical author: A textbook chapter in the 'Oxford Textbook of Rheumatology, 4th Ed; 15 PubMed cited peer reviewed articles including one in Nature Clinical Practice Rheumatology; Member of the editorial board of the journal 'Oxford Medical Case Reports' and Peer reviewer for the journals 'Clinical Rheumatology' and 'International Journal of Clinical Practice'; Author of Multiple Choice Questions for General Medical Council, UK's 'Fitness to Practice' panels and for 'Medical Masterclass', Royal College of Physicians, UK.
He is an expert medical educator and supervises trainee doctors in Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He has also served as Royal College of Physicians, Associate Tutor organising medical training in Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon, UK; Teacher for undergraduate medical students from University of Cambridge and Internal examiner for University of Cambridge undergraduate medical (OSCE) exams.
Areas of interest
Early Inflammatory Arthritis; Rheumatoid Arthritis; Psoriatic Arthritis; Gout; Ankylosing Spondylitis; Axial Spondyloarthropathy; Osteoarthritis; Lupus (SLE); Sjogren’s syndrome; Osteoporosis; Back pain; Fibromyalgia; Soft Tissue Rheumatism; Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cheryl Bryan
- Rheumatology Medical Secretary Mulberry Private Healthcare Hinchingbrooke Hospital HUNTINGDON PE29 6NT
- 07879 884017
- 07879 884017
- 01480 442842
- Dr Kuttikat's Personal Website
- Dr Kuttikat's Publications (Google scholar citations)
- Mulberry Private Healthcare website
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Rheumatologist & Clinical Lead,
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Kettering, UK
Central Pain Mechanisms;
Functional Neuroimaging (high density EEG);
Genetic factors in Rheumatoid Arthritis
Anoop lives in Cambridge with his family. A keen footballer in his student days, he still follows the game passionately.
1. MSD - British Society for Rheumatology Bursary winner, June 2015
2. EULAR (European League against Rheumatism) Bursary winner, August 2008
1. Altered Neurocognitive Processing of Tactile Stimuli in CRPS. Kuttikat A et al.
J Pain. 2018 Apr;19(4):395-409
2. Novel Signs and Their Clinical Utility in CRPS. Kuttikat A et al.
Clin J Pain. 2017 Jun;33(6):496-502
3. Neurocognitive and Neuroplastic Mechanisms of Novel Clinical Signs in CRPS.
Kuttikat A et al.
Front Hum Neurosci. 2016 Jan 27;10:16.
4. Cytomegalovirus-associated portal vein thrombosis in an immunocompetent patient: an underestimated complication.
Wang T, Kuttikat A, Pulsalkar P, Nanguzgambo A, Bhalara S.
Oxf Med Case Reports. 2015 May 27; 2015(5):294-6.
5. Longstanding CRPS is associated with activating autoantibodies against alpha-1a adrenoceptors. Dubuis E, Thompson V, Leite MI, Blaes F, Maihöfner C, Greensmith D, Vincent A, Shenker N, Kuttikat A, Leuwer M, Goebel A. Pain. 2014 Nov;155(11):2408-17.
6. Musculoskeletal examination and junior doctors: cause for concern?
Nisar MK, El-Essawy B, Kuttikat AV, Ramabhadran B, Fishman D.
Int J Rheum Dis. 2012 Jun;15(3):e43-4.
7. Lemierre's syndrome: a rare cause of septic polyarthritis.
Nisar MK, Kuttikat AV, Ramabhadran B, Fishman D.
Rheumatol Int. 2013 Mar;33(3):817-8.
8. Pharmacological modulation of central nociception in the management of chronic musculoskeletal pain.
Kuttikat A, Shenker N.
Pain Manag. 2011 Nov;1(6):549-56.
9. A case of polymyalgia rheumatica, microscopic polyangiitis, and B-cell lymphoma. Kuttikat A et al.
Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol. 2006 Dec;2(12):686-90
10. Kaposi sarcoma in a patient with giant cell arteritis.
Kuttikat A et al.
Dermatol Online J. 2006 Oct 31;12(6):16.
11. Renal MALToma: an unusual lymphoma in a patient with lupus.
Mortlock AM, Lim CS, Morgan H, Wong TW, Joshi A, Kuttikat A, Chakravarty K.
12. Rheumatoid arthritis, pyrexia of unknown origin (PUO) and pancytopenia.
Chakravarty K, Kuttikat A, Saeed I, Thompson R. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006 Apr;45(4):386-91.
13. Nasal Wegener's and skin sarcoid--a rare combination of two granulomatous diseases. Kuttikat A et al.
Clin Rheumatol. 2006 Nov;25(6):895-7.
14. Behçet's disease associated with Trisomy 8 in a male Caucasian patient from Great Britain--a case report.
Kuttikat A et al.
Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2005 Jul-Aug;23(4 Suppl 38):S108-9.
15. Can clinical symptoms or signs accurately predict hypoxemia in children with acute lower respiratory tract infections?
Kuttikat A, et al.
Indian Pediatr. 2004 Feb;41(2):129-35.
- MRCP (Rheumatology) Royal College of Physicians, London,UK 2015
- MRCP (UK) , Membership of Royal College of Physicians, London,UK Royal College of Physicians, London,UK 2008
- MB BS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 2002
- CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training) in Rheumatology & General (Internal) Medicine General Medical Council, UK 2015
- FRCP (London), Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians, London,UK Royal College of Physicians, London,UK 2018
- MD (Cantab) - Research Doctorate University of Cambridge 2018
Reference number 6045797
Details of entry to specialist register
- Rheumatology & General (Internal) Medicine, 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians, London, UK;
Royal Society of Medicine, London, UK
British Society for Rheumatology
Medical Defence Union
British Medical Association
- Mulberry Private...
- 18:00 - 19:30
- 01480 418761
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 01536 536891
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.