- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Paediatric intensive care medicine
- Paediatric respiratory medicine
Consultant in General Pediatrics, Respiratory and Sleep Disorders
Areas of interest
Paediatric intensive care medicine; Paediatric respiratory medicine; sleep problems of children; infectious disease; baby sleep and feeding
Current NHS consultant posts held
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
St Mary's Hospital
London W2 1NY
Asthma and sleep apnoea
Cycling, long distance swimming, music, opera
Millennium Celebration of Achievement
Luncheon with HRH Queen Elizabeth II
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Persian (Farsi) - Native or bilingual
1. Chowdhury M, McKenzie S, Pearson C, Carr S, Pao C, Shah A, Reus E, Eliahoo J. Gordon F, Bland, H, Habibi P. Heliox Therapy in Bronchiolitis: Phase III Multi-center Double-blind Randomized Controlled Trial. In press. Pediatrics 2013.
2. Kapoor S, Roberts G, Bynoe Y, Gaughan M, Habibi P, Lack G.
3. Influence of a multidisciplinary paediatric allergy clinic on parental knowledge and rate of subsequent allergic reactions. Allergy. 2004 Feb;59(2):185-91.
4. Roberts G, Patel N, Levi-Schaffer F, Habibi P, Lack G. Food allergy as a risk factor for life-threatening asthma in childhood: a case-controlled study. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2003 Jul;112(1):168-74.
Courses offered to GPs
Respiratory Emergencies, Sleep disorders in Children, Childhood Asthma
- MB ChB, PhD University of Birmingham 1980
- Sleep Medicine University of Sydney Australia 2003
Reference number 2629254
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 1994
- FRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Helath 1998
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paeditarics (Intensive care), 2009
- Paediatrics (respiratory medicine), 2009
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0203 903 7866
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: parvhab