- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Reconstructive surgery
Davendra is a Consultant Urologist in London who offers general and specialist care Urological care, ie. bothersome urinary symptoms, recurrent urinary tract infections, penile and scrotal conditions, trauma, urethral strictures, urinary problems due to neurological conditions, male incontinence and penile cancer.
He is an elected member of the European Association of Urology Trauma Panel, lectures widely on the subject of trauma and has over 20 peer reviewed publications.
Areas of interest
Mens Health; Urethral Stricture disease; Post-surgical male incontinence; Neuropathic and overactive bladders; Trauma.
Current NHS consultant posts held
St George’s Hospital, London
Queen Mary's Hospital Roehampton
Guideline development and systematic review
Elected member of the European Association of Urology Trauma Guideline Panel
Post-prostatectomy male incontinence
Tennis - level 2 certified LTA coach
French language - student
History - fascinated by the city of London
OBE in the 2015 Birthday Honours List
Healthcare regular of the Year 2014
1. Guidelines on Urological Trauma. European Association of Urology 2015. D.J. Summerton (Chair), N. Djakovic, N.D. Kitrey, F.E. Kuehhas, N. Lumen, E. Serafetinidis, D.M. Sharma
2. The management of genitourinary war injuries: A multidisciplinary consensus. DM Sharma. J R Army Med Corps 2013 Mar;159 Suppl 1:i57-9.
3. Using the mind as a simulator: a randomised controlled trial of mental training. Eldred-Evans D, Grange P, Cheung A, Yamamoto H, Ayis S, Mulla M, Immenroth M, Sharma D, Reedy G. J Surg Educ 2013 Jul-Aug;70(4):544-51
Courses offered to GPs
Lower urinary tract symptoms
- Medical Degree Trinity College Dublin 1995
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons Urology Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburg 2007
Reference number 4556282
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Completion of Training, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Urological Surgeons
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
British Medical Association
Medical Protection Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.