- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Ahmed Al-Khayatt
BChD (Leeds), MFDSRCS (Edinburgh), FDS (Rest Dent) RCPS (Glasgow), FDSRCS (Rest Dent)
Consultant & Specialist in Restorative Dentistry, Implant Rehabilitation, Fixed/Removable Prosthodontics, Endodontics & Periodontics.
Ahmed qualified from the Leeds Dental Institute in June 2000 winning first prize in the ‘Watssman Prize of Clinical Dental Practice’ during his graduation case report. He completed one year in general practice, achieving first prize in the ‘FGDPRCS Yorkshire Division Vocational Dental Practice’ case report presentation.
Later he gained 5-years of considerable experience at Senior House Officer level in the hospital dental services working at St Luke’s Hospital & Bradford Royal Infirmary (Bradford), Charles Clifford Dental Hospital (Sheffield), Morriston Hospital (Swansea) and Eastman Dental Hospital (London) establishing a firm foundation and specialist skills in all areas of Restorative Dentistry including Implant Dentistry, Endodontics and Fixed/Removable Prosthodontics.
By the end of 2011, he completed an intensive 5-year Specialist Registrar training programme attaining his Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in Restorative Dentistry and its Monospecialities at St George’s Hospital, Kings College Hospital Dental Institute & Croydon (Mayday) University Hospital which allowed him to be successful in being appointed as the first post-CCST Clinical & Surgical Fellow (in any dental specialty) in Head & Neck Cancer Oral Rehabilitation by the North West Deanery. He has gained additional specialist surgical and restorative experience in head and neck cancer rehabilitation between two of the foremost head and neck cancer rehabilitation centres in the UK with some of the leading experts in this field at the Mersey Regional Head and Neck Cancer Centre, Aintree Hospital, Liverpool Dental Hospital, Central Manchester Royal Infirmary, Christie Hospital and Manchester Dental Hospital.
Since 2012 he has been a registered Specialist in Restorative Dentistry, Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics, Endodontics & Periodontics with an enhanced specialist interest and skills in the Treatment of Simple and Complex Implant Rehabilitation, Fixed/Removable Prosthodontics and Complex Endodontics. He is currently practicing as a Consultant in Restorative Dentistry & Oral/Facial Rehabilitation at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also a Member and Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and England respectively.
Ahmed’s spare time is devoted to his loving wife and young family enjoying quality and memorable times.
Areas of interest
Restorative Dentistry; Implant Oral Rehabilitation; OroFacial Trauma; Head & Neck Cancer Oral Rehabilitation; Congenital Hypodontia; Fixed/Removable Prosthodontics; Non/Surgical Endodontics; Periodontics
Current NHS consultant posts held
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trusts
Complex and multi-disciplinary implant oral/facial rehabilitation
1) J Oral Rehabil. May 2013; 40(5):389-40.
Research review paper - ‘Direct composite restorations for the
worn mandibular anterior dentition: a 7-year follow-up of a prospective randomised controlled split-mouth clinical trial’.
2) Cochrane Database; Syst Rev. 28th Feb 2013; Issue 2 (CD008857).
Cochrane review (co-author) ‘Dental extractions prior to radiotherapy to the jaws for reducing post-radiotherapy dental complications’.
3) March 2010. British Society for the Study of Prosthetic Dentistry.
- Poster ‘A Technique To Restore Closely Converging Implants’.
- Poster 'An Overview of the Reconstructive Options of the Segmentally Resected Mandible: A Restorative Perspective’.
4) September 2008. Evidence Based Dentistry 2008; Vol. 9, Issue 3: 77.
Commentary ‘Soft Tissue Handling during Implant Placement’.
5) June 2008. Evidence Based Dentistry 2008;
Vol. 9, Issue 2: 50.
Commentary (co-author) ‘No Difference Between Failure rates of Early and Conventionally Loaded Implants’.
6) 12th June 2007. Regional Hospital Audit Day, Mayday University Hospital.
- Poster ‘Dental Periapical Radiography: An Audit of the Radiography Department’.
- Poster ‘Inflammatory Root Resorption of an Avulsed Tooth: A Case Report’.
7) 11th June 2005. British Dental Journal 2005
Vol. 198, 11: 687-688.
Case report ‘Complications Following Replantation of a Primary Incisor: A Cautionary Tale’.
8) 18th September 2003. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 2003; Vol.13, No.5: 15.
Poster ‘Complications Following Replantation of a Primary Incisor: A Cautionary Tale’.
Courses offered to GPs
1) Basic and Advanced Implant Treatment: Planning, Augmentation, Surgery & Restoration
2) Improving Modern Tooth Preparations: Crowns, Onlays & Veneers (Hands-on)
3) Modern Management of Tooth Surface Loss (Hands-on)
4) Conventional, Adhesive and Implant Techniques for Replacement of One or More Missing Teeth
5) Refresher Hands-on Course for Dental Therapists
- FDSRCS (Rest Dent) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2012
- MFDSRCS (Edinburgh) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2002
- BChD (Leeds) University of Leeds 2000
- FDS (Rest Dent) RCPS (Glasgow) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2016
- Head & Neck Cancer Surgical/Prosthodontic Oral Rehabilition Fellowship Mersey Deanery 2012
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Specialty Advisor in Restorative Dentistry - Yorkshire Royal College of Surgeons of England, Faculty of Dental Surgery 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Restorative Dentistry, 2012
- Prosthodontics, 2012
- Endodontics, 2012
- Periodontics, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Restorative Dentistry (RD-UK)
British Society of Prosthodontics (BSSPD)