- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Interventional cardiology
- Percutaneous coronary intervention with/without stenting
- Reporting of echocardiography
Dr Fouad Amin is a Consultant Cardiologist and specialist in Interventional Cardiology at the Frimley Health Trust in partnership with the Ministry of Defense, one of the largest trusts in the United Kingdom. In addition to providing world-class treatment for coronary and valve heart disease, Dr Fouad Amin treats a wide range of adult cardiology conditions including:
• Chest pain and heart attack management.
• Coronary stent (angioplasty). He performs regular weekly sessions of complex coronary angioplasty using state of the art coronary imaging techniques such as Intravascular Ultrasound and Optical Coherence Tomography. He performs his procedures through the wrist using the radial artery which is a technique associated with lower bleeding rate and faster recovery
• Slow heart rate, dizziness and blackouts. He performs permanent pacemaker insertion procedures (both single and dual chamber) to treat symptomatic slow heart rate causing dizziness and/or collapse
• Valve heart disease. He is experienced in the diagnosis and management of common valve disease such as aortic and mitral valve disease.
Dr Fouad Amin undertook his specialist cardiology training at prestigious hospitals in London working alongside world renowned experts. These include Dr Ulrich Sigwart who implanted the first stent in humans and Professor Sir Magdy Yacoub at the Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals
Dr Fouad Amin was awarded a scholarship to perform all his research work for his doctorate degree at the Imperial College London. He is still involved in research exploring optimal treatments for coronary heart disease. His work has been presented at International Conferences in United Kingdom, Europe and United states.
Dr Fouad Amin takes care in making comprehensive assessment of all patients explaining any results and treatment required as well as considering alternative treatment options. He has consistently been rated very highly by his patients in Patient Surveys.
Areas of interest
Areas of interest
Heart attack (myocardial infarction); Chest pain (chest tightness); Angina (ischaemic heart disease; coronary artery disease; spasm); Shortness of breath; Faints;Dizzy turns; Collapse (blackout; syncope; vasovagal); Palpitations;Atrial Fibrillation; Paroxysmal AF; Atrial flutter; Arrhythmias(Supraventricular (SVT); Ventricular tachycardia); Irregular; Slow;Extra (Ectopics) heart beat; External cardioversion; High and low blood pressure (hypertension; hypotension); Pulmonary hypertension; Heart murmur; Mitral;Aortic valve disease;Dilated cardiomyopathy; Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HOCM); Heart failure; Defibrillator (ICD); ASD; VSD; PFO; Interventional cardiology; Loop recorder and Pacemaker implantation (pacing); ECG; Transoesophageal echo (TOE); Echocardiography (echo); Stress echo;Coronary angiography (catheterisation); angioplasty (coronary stent); Insurance medicals; Heart and Cholesterol Screening (lipids; statins).
- Christine Kirby
- Spire Thames Valley Hospital Wexham Street Wexham Slough SL2 4HL
- 01753 665472
- 01753 665445
Reference number 4562694