- Fee assured
- Verified account
• NHS and private consultant gynaecologist.
• Lead Colposcopist, Advanced Menopause & vulval disorders specialist. Mid York NHS Trust. Quality assurance visit highly commended the outcomes of the service. Yearly patient satisfaction has shown very high satisfaction with the care given.
• National and international trainer for Colposcopy
• Examiner at the BSCCP Colposcopy OSCE examination for completion of colposcopy training.
• Registered trainer for vulval diseases by British society of Vulvo vaginal disease (BSVVD)
• Advanced menopause specialist on British menopause society register.
• BMS recognised Cognitive Behavioural therapist for Menopausal symptoms.
• Registered PMS specialist on National Association of Premenstrual syndrome (NAPS) register.
• Member of Vulval pain society.
• Professional clinical Advisor For Cervical screening to Public health England. Regularly take Quality assurance team visits to different Colposcopy units in north of England. Highly commended by QA team for commitment to improving the quality of cervical screening services.
• Appraise consultant colleagues both at NHS & at Spire hospitals.
• Keen to improve global women's health. On voluntarily basis teach and train nurses & doctors in Low and Middle income countries in cervical screening to reduce deaths caused by cervical cancer. The funders (UK AID) have given the project score of A** - as we exceeded in all targets. Importantly they identified it as a 'sustainability model'
• Fund raiser for RCOG projects to improve women's health worldwide
• Member of UK Emergency Medical Team. (UKMET)
Areas of interest
• Managing Abnormal cervical smears & high
• Colposcopy, Management of precancerous
condition of Vulva, Vagina & Cervix.
• Management of vulval disorders. Lichen
sclerosis, Chronic Vulval Pain.
• Menopause management, HRT and Cognitive
• Management of premenstrual syndrome, &
Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
• Managing menstrual problems.
• Hysteroscopy procedure, Endometrial
• Laparoscopy investigation and treatment,
• Laparoscopic Ovarian cyst removal & removal
of Ovaries d fallopian tubes
• Myomectomy surgery, Hysterectomy vaginal &
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Mathias Chinyandura Fee Assured
- Dr Satish K Gopa Narasimhula Fee Assured
- Dr Abdulaziz Refaet Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust
Pontefract, Pinderfield & Dewsbury Hospitals.
• Consultant Gynaecologist
• Lead Colposcopist
• Advanced Menopause specialist.
• Specialist Vulval disorders
• Appraiser for consultant colleagues
Public Health England (North)
• Professional Clinical Advisor, Cervical
Reviewer for Journal of Mid-life Health .
• I take a keen interest in improving women's health anywhere in the world To raise awareness of global Women's health raised money for RCOG projects to improve global women's health.
• On a voluntary basis am teaching Cervical screening to Nurses and doctors in Uganda. The project has been awarded A** for sustainable model.
• Teach on basic and advanced Colposcopy courses UK BSCCP organised
• I love yoga, long walks and play badminton
• Learning to play Piano.
• Silver award in Final MBBS.
• Merits for Gynaecology, surgery, medicine, Pathology, Anatomy & Pharmacology in MBBS exams
• NHS Clinical Excellence award Level 6
• Trust celebrating success award for Clinical Care & Patient safety.
• First Prize for Oral presentation at BSCCP.
• First prize for Poster presentation at BSCCP.
• Project was Graded A** For setting up sustainable quality assured cervical screening service in Uganda (UK Aid)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Kashmiri - Fluent
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Conversational
Poster & Oral presentations at :
AICC RCOG conference
Courses offered to GPs
•Menopause management. (GPs)
•Risks and benefits of HRT.GPs)
•CBT for menopause management. (GPs &
•Talk on Premenstrual syndrome management.
•Managing vulval pain. (GPs)
•Patient education to uptake cervical screening tests.
•Patient education: Menopause explained.
•Menopause at Work place to Public Health England Staff
•Teaching Colposcopy course in India,
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.gov.uk/topic/population-screening-programmes
98% women thought care given was excellent.
- Diploma RCR/RCOG obstetric ultrasound. Royal College Of radiologist /Royal College of obstetricians & Gynaecologists RCR/RCOG 2001
- FRCOG Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists RCOG 1995
- DRCOG. Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology RCOG UK 1982
- MD . Doctor of Medicine. Obstetrics & Gynaecology. J&K university 1979
- Vulval Pain specialist VPS (vulval pain society) 2018
- Special vulval disorders BSSVD ( British society of Vulvo vaginal disorders) 2008
- Specialist in management of Premenstrual syndrome NAPS ( National assosciation of premenstrual syndrome 2019
- Accredited Colposcopist British Society of Colposcopy & Cervical Cytology 1987
- MBBS. Batchelor of Medicine and Batchelor of Surgery J&K university India 1974
- Certified Cognitive behavioural Therapist for Menopausal symptoms British menopause Society 2018
- Advanced Menopause Certification British Menopause Society 2018
Reference number 2626835
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Appraiser Mid York NHS Trust 2015
- Chairperson Quality assurance Group meetings North East Yorkshire & Humber Colposcopy Group 2018
- Professional clinical Advisor, Quality Assurance, cervical screening Public Health England (North) 2017
- Chairperson, Mid York Colposcopy multi disciplinary team meetings Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- RCOG, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council. (GMC)
Royal college of obstetricians & Gynaecologists.(FRCOG)
British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology(BSCCP)
British Society for Vulvo Vaginal Disease. (BSVVD)
British Menopause Society (BMS)
National association of premenstrual syndrome (NAPS)
Vulval pain society (VPS)
Member UK emergency group. UKMED
- Methley LaneMethleyLEEDSLS26 9HG
- 13:00 - 17:00
- 01977 518518
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.