- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Motivational Interviewing
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
I have over ten years experience working in the NHS, private and statutory services. I hold graduate and post graduate level qualifications. I have extensive experience in the field of trauma and addictions.
Areas of interest
Addictive disorders; PTSD; trauma; rape & sexual assault; burnout; vicarious trauma; depression; anxiety; stress
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
I work for Kings College Hosptial NHS Foundation Trust. I am a specialist counsellor working in a trauma service for rape and sexual assault victims. I have worked for this services for over 7 years.
I am part of the research team within the psychology and counselling service at The Haven Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) Kings College Hospital. I have presented at international level research that I have been involved in. I have been part of a review panel for a home office investigation into how London deals with sexual violence.
I regularly teach and lecture to services such as the police and mental health teams on psychological well being after a sexual assault and working in the field. I also hold a lecture slot on a national training course for professionals working within forensic sexual violence services attendees include the crown prosecution, police, medics and NGO's.
I have been interviewed for a number of publications in relation to sexual assault and I have research I was involved in published in the BMJ -STI magazine.
- Psychodynamic Counselling PG cert University of Oxford 2015
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy The Tavistock and Portman 2009
- Addictions Counselling FdSc University of Bath 2006
- Cultural Studies BA(hons) University of Roehampton 2003
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BACP member British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapsits 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Accreditation , 2015
Affiliations / memberships
British Asociation of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. Accredited registered member.