- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Foot & Ankle
I am a Fellowship trained Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon, specialising in all disorders of the foot and ankle. This includes forefoot problems such as Bunions (Hallux Valgus) and lesser toe deformity correction. I also treat sports injuries to the foot and ankle including ligament reconstruction, arthroscopy and achilles injuries. I have a keen interest in the treatment of Plantar Fascia problems and achilles tendinopathy, especially in resistant cases.
Areas of interest
Bunion (Hallux Valgus) Surgery and lesser toe deformity correction; Ankle Arthritis including fusion; Ankle ligament reconstruction; Ankle arthroscopy; Heel Pain including Achilles Tendon and Plantar Fascia disorders; Posterior Tibial tendon disorders; Sports Injuries
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon - Royal Victoria Hospital Belfast.
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon - Musgrave Park Hospital Belfast.
Achilles Tendon and Plantar Fascia Disorders
Sporting ankle injuries
Golf, rugby and football.
Irish Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society Prize - Best Paper.
Foot and Ankle Clinics of North America
Courses offered to GPs
Regular presentations to GPs and Allied Health Professionals on a wide range of Trauma, Foot and Ankle topics.
- MB BCh BaO Queens Universtiy Belfast 2002
- FRCSEd (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2011
- MSc in Sports & Exercise Medicine University of Bath 2013
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship Royal Surrey/Frimley Park Hospitals, London. 2013
Reference number 6053625
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Lecturer Queens University Belfast 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
- 245 Stranmillis Road BELFAST BT9 5JH
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 028 9068 7444
- 801-815 Lisburn Road Belfast BT9 7GX
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 028 9066 7878
- Malone Medical Chambers, BT9 5LH
- 09:00 - 13:30
- 028 9066 7676
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details