- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a Fellowship trained Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon, specialising in all disorders of the foot and ankle. This includes forefoot problems such as Bunions (Hallux Valgus) and lesser toe deformity correction. I also treat sports injuries to the foot and ankle including ligament reconstruction, arthroscopy and achilles injuries. I have a keen interest in the treatment of Plantar Fascia problems and achilles tendinopathy, especially in resistant cases.
Areas of interest
Bunion (Hallux Valgus) Surgery and lesser toe deformity correction; Ankle Arthritis including fusion; Ankle ligament reconstruction; Ankle arthroscopy; Heel Pain including Achilles Tendon and Plantar Fascia disorders; Posterior Tibial tendon disorders; Sports Injuries
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr David McNamee Fee Assured
- Dr Christopher Ferres Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon - Royal Victoria Hospital Belfast.
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon - Musgrave Park Hospital Belfast.
Achilles Tendon and Plantar Fascia Disorders
Sporting ankle injuries
Golf, rugby and football.
Irish Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society Prize - Best Paper.
Foot and Ankle Clinics of North America
Courses offered to GPs
Regular presentations to GPs and Allied Health Professionals on a wide range of Trauma, Foot and Ankle topics.
- MB BCh BaO Queens Universtiy Belfast 2002
- FRCSEd (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2011
- MSc in Sports & Exercise Medicine University of Bath 2013
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship Royal Surrey/Frimley Park Hospitals, London. 2013
Reference number 6053625
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Lecturer Queens University Belfast 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
- 245 Stranmillis Road BELFAST BT9 5JH
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 028 9068 7444
- 801-815 Lisburn Road Belfast BT9 7GX
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 028 9066 7878
- Malone Medical Chambers, BT9 5LH
- 09:00 - 13:30
- 028 9066 7676
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details