- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Community child health
- Paediatric neurodisability
Over 20 years' experience as NHS Consultant. Extensive clinical portfolio in child development and neurodisability.
Areas of interest
Child development; autism; Dyxpraxia; Cerebral palsy; Learning difficulties; Spasticity and dytonia medical management
Current NHS consultant posts held
Royal London Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust
Autism, Special Educational Needs
Piano playing, Scuba diving, cooking and travelling
National Level Clinical Excellence Award
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Ko B, Education Health and Care Plans: a new scheme for Special Educational Needs and Disability provisions in England from 2014. Paediatrics and Child Health (2015)
2. Ko B, Assessing children with emotional, behavioural and social difficulties for Education Health and Care Plans. BACCH Newsletter (March 2015)
3. Ko B, Patel P, O’Driscoll C, Tan M. Reduction in waiting time in autism diagnosis by service re-modelling 2006 to 2013. BACCH Annual Scientific Meeting (2014) Plenary presentation.
Courses offered to GPs
Children presenting with speech and language delay; Autism; Coordination difficulties; Cerebral palsy; Special Educational Needs and role of GP
- MB, ChB Edinburgh University 1984
- MRCP (UK) Royal Colleges of Physician, UK 1987
- FRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health 1996
Reference number 2978972
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Advisor to Neurodisability Training Committee Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health 2015
- Convenor British Association for Community Child Health 2015
- Vice Chair, Disability Living Allowance Advisory Board Department of Work and Pensions, UK Government 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatrics, 1996
- Portland Hospital 1st Floor Consulting Rooms...
- 09:30 - 13:00
- 020 7390 8295
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.