- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am a consultant orthopaedic surgeon with special interest in primary and revision hip/knee replacement surgery, knee arthroscopic surgery and orthopaedic trauma.
Areas of interest
Total hip replacement; Computer Navigation Assisted knee replacement; Sports injuries
Knee arthroscopic surgery; Medicolegal, Orthopaedic Trauma.
- Margaret Hickson
- Spire Hull & East Riding Hospital Lowfield Road Anlaby Hull HU10 7AZ
- 01482 672430
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Subhashini Naik Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hull and East Yorkshire NHS Hospitals
Psychological aspects of pain in patients with hip and knee arthritis
Prize Paper Presentation, British/Indian Hand Societies Meeting, Mumbai, India, 2009.
Best Poster Presentation, BritSpine Meeting, Cardiff, April 2006.
Getty Plate for the Best Paper of the year, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, July 2005.
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Surgical dislocation of the hip for excision of benign tumours around the hip joint.
2. Psychological aspects of hip disease in young adults.
3. Elastic Stable Intramedullary Nailing for treatment of paediatric long bone fractures.
4. Surface Replacement Trapeziometcarpal Joint Arthroplasty – Early results.
5. Daycase arthroplasty in the hand – results in a district general hospital.
6. Prospective randomised controlled trial comparing interscalene block with subacromial bursa block in patients undergoing subacromial decompression.
7. Avascular Necrosis in acute and acute-on-chronic Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis.
Courses offered to GPs
GP seminars organised by Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital.
- FRCSOrth Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2011
Reference number 5202353
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Champion British Orthopaedic Association 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Member British Orthopaedic Association
Member American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Member British Trauma Society
Member British Hip Society
Member AO Trauma Group
Member of the Medical Defence Union
Member British Orthopaedic Trainees Association
- Lowfield Road HULL HU10 7AZ
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01482 672430
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: aamern35