- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Kharwadkar is a specialist in Hip and Knee Joint Replacement Surgery and Knee Arthroscopy.
After completing his Higher Surgical Training in Orthopaedics and Trauma in Yorkshire in March 2011, Mr Kharwadkar undertook sub-speciality Fellowship Training in Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham. He has also undertaken Visiting Fellowships in Complex Hip and Knee Surgery at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA and Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland. He worked as a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon on a fixed-term contract for nearly two years at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge prior to the current appointment. He regularly attends national and international conferences to keep abreast of the latest advances in Hip and Knee Surgery.
Mr Kharwadkar has a strong research background and has been involved in Randomised Controlled Trials and several retrospective studies in Orthopaedics and Trauma. He has extensively authored papers and review articles in respected orthopaedic journals. He has presented papers in number of national and international meetings.
Mr Kharwadkar has an active interest in teaching and training both undergraduates and postgraduates and is invited as a Faculty to teach on many clinical and academic courses.
Areas of interest
Hip pain, Knee pain, Hip arthritis, Knee arthritis, Total hip replacement, Total knee replacement, Partial knee replacement, Revision hip surgery, Revision knee surgery, Knee arthroscopy, Sports injuries, Knee meniscal tears, Knee cartilage repair, Trauma surgery, General orthopaedics
- Julie Wright
- BMI Priory Hospital Priory Road Edgbaston Birmingham B5 7UG
- 0121 446 1689
- Lynda Lee
- Spire Parkway Hospital Damson Parkway Solihull B91 2PP
- 0121 684 0195
- 0121 275 3889
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon,
Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust,
Mr Kharwadkar enjoys spending time with his wife and two children. He is a keen cricketer and also plays badminton and table tennis in his spare time.
- MS (Orthopaedics and Trauma) Bombay University 1998
- DNB (Orthopaedics and Trauma) National Board of Examinations 2000
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2003
- FRCS (Orthopaedics and Trauma) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2010
- Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Fellowship Birmingham 2011
- EFORT Visiting Fellowship in Hip and Knee Reconstruction Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland 2011
- Visiting Fellowship in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA 2012
Reference number 5207525
Details of entry to specialist register
- Orthopaedics and Trauma, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Hip Society
British Association for the Surgery of the Knee
- 1 Damson Parkway SOLIHULL B91 2PP
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0121 704 5568
- Priory Road Edgbaston BIRMINGHAM B5 7UG
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0121 446 1689
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.