- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Consultant in Genitourinary/HIV Medicine in Stoke-on-Trent. Completed specialty registrar training in the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust in 2012. Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (MRCP). Expertise in both routine and complex issues related to Sexually Transmitted Infections including HIV. Interest in genital dermatological conditions.
- Nuffield Health Bookings
- Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital Wood Road Wolverhampton WV6 8LE
- 01902 793269
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Genitourinary/HIV Medicine
Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent Partnership NHS Trust
Cobridge Community Health Centre
1. Original Research: Detecting re-infection in patients after an initial diagnosis of gonorrhoea: is routine recall for re-screening useful?
KA Fernando, T Fowler, J Harding, S Flew, M Caley, J Phattey and JDC Ross.
Int J STD AIDS 2015;26:640-647.
2. Non-cirrhotic portal hypertension in the HIV-infected individual.
KA Fernando, S Bhaduri, S Hubscher and KW Radcliffe.
J R Soc Med 2013;106: 105
3. Lactic Acidosis in an HIV-infected Individual
Bentley C, Flew S, Fernando KA, Radcliffe KW
J R Soc Med 2010;103:415-417
4. Sunitinib in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: Birmingham experience.
Ansari J, Fatima A, Fernando K, Collins S, James ND, Porfiri E
Oncol Rep 2010;24:507-510
5. The Importance of Pursuing a Histological Diagnosis.
Fernando KA, Acharya S, Arumainayagam JT. J R Coll Physicians Edinb 2009;39:315-316
6. Malignant Melanoma Masquerading as Kaposi’s Sarcoma.
Fernando KA, Fernando JJR.
Int J STD & AIDS 2008;19:133-134
- MRCP(Edin) Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2007
- Diploma in Genitourinary Medicine Society of Apothecaries, London 2009
- Diploma in HIV Medicine Society of Apothecaries, London 2011
Reference number 6048881
Details of entry to specialist register
- Genitourinary Medicine, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the British Association for Sexual Health & HIV.
Member of the British HIV Association.