- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
I am a Consultant gynaecologist to York Teaching Hospital NHS. I have private practice in Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital as well as Scarborough Hospital.
My interest areas of interest are:
Bladder disorders in women including overactive, sensitive bladder, Stress urinary leakage, vagina prolapse management and operations. (Urogynaecology);
Problems with the cervix including cervical smear, abnormalities with the cervix, bleeding after sex, and treatment of cervical smear abnormalities (Colposcopy);
Abnormal uterine Bleeding and its investigations including hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy.
Key hole surgery for sterilisation, investigation and treatment of endometriosis and pelvic pain as well as gynaecological operations such as hysterectomy.
Areas of interest
Urogynaecology: Bladder disorders in women including overactive, sensitive bladder, Stress urinary leakage, vagina prolapse management and operations.
Colposcopy: Concerns with the cervix (neck of the womb) including cervical smear, abnormalities with the cervix, bleeding after sex, and treatment of cervical smear abnormalities.
Menstrual disorders: Abnormal uterine Bleeding and its investigations including hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy.
Key hole surgery: For sterilisation, investigation and treatment of endometriosis and pelvic pain as well as gynaecological operations such as hysterectomy.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
York Teaching Hospital NHS Trust.
Cervical cancer Prevention, Urinary Incontinence, Prolapse Surgery, Key hole surgery
Community Development and charity work.
Reading and Teaching
1. Ajayi OA. Medical Simulation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology: The Way Forward to Develop, Maintain and Assess Operative Skills? Commentary. Reprod Syst Sex Disord 2014, 3:1
2. Ajayi OA, Sant M, Ikhena S, Bako M. Uterine Rupture Complicating Sequential Curettage And Bakri Balloon Tamponade To Control Secondary PPH. BMJ Case reports: BMJ Case Reports 2013; doi:10.1136/bcr-2012-007709 http://casereports.bmj.com/content/2013/bcr-2012-007709.abstract
3. Ajayi O (MRCOG), Das M (FRCOG). Does Obesity influence Short--‐term Outcome of Midurethral Tapes? Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust. Poster Presentation. 2013. http://www.epostersonline.com/rcog2014/?q=node/115&page=1
4. Ajayi OA, Chilaka VN: Preventing Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. In: Okonufua Ed. Confronting the Challenge of reproductive health in Africa. A textbook for Students and Development Practitioners. Chapter 19. 2014
5. Frances Hills, Andrew Buttery, Anna Davey, Susan Ward, Margaret Ramsay, Sian Parrish, Paula Booker, Olukunle Ajayi, Louise-Emma Shaw, Malcolm Chambers,Bryn Baxendale. Simulation in Healthcare. Vol. 8, Number 6, December 2013 pp 445
6. Ajayi OA. What’s new about pap smear? The Vine vol 7 Issue 2. Oct 2012
7. TVT Secur: initial Experience in a UK General Hospital. Ajayi O, Dixit S and Pickles C. 2012. OJCA Vol4 No2. http://www.clinicalaudits.com/index.php/ojca/article/view/195
8. Enakpene C, Ajayi O. 2011. Evolution of Operative Laparoscopy in Gynaecology: A mirage or Challenge?. (Book Chapter) "Advanced Gynecologic Endoscopy", edited by Atef Darwish, ISBN 978-953-307-348-4. http://www.intechopen.com/books/advanced-gynecologic-endoscopy/evolution-of-operative-laparoscopy-in-gynecology-a-mirage-or-a-challenge?
9. Ajayi O. 2012. Clinical characteristics of well women seeking labial reduction surgery: a prospective study. (Letter to the Editor). BJOG http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2011.03246.x/full
10. Akinyemi O. Omisanjo O, Ademuyiwa A, Ajayi O. Depression and Its Management. 1997. Dokita Vol.24, No 1.
Courses offered to GPs
• Pelvic Pain presentation and Management. 2017
• Overactive Bladder Management: GP surgeries in Scarborough and Malton 2017
• Pelvic Actinomycosis Grand Round at Scarborough General Hospital 2015
• Trent Urology and Urogynaecology meeting: Recurrent UTI
• BMOGS, Birmingham. Sept 2013
TVT Secure Audit in a UK General Hospital:
• RCOG-Nigeria Liaison Group, RCOG London
Urological injuries in Gynaecological Practice at RDH, 5 year experience: RCOG London 2012
- MBBS Ibadan 1998
- MMedSci Nottingham University 2015
- MRCOG RCOG 2009
- Certificate in Colposcopy BSCCP 2012
Reference number 6136910
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Deputy Training Programme Director Yorkshire and Humber Local Education Training Board (East) 2017
Affiliations / memberships
- Lowfield RoadHULLHU10 7AZ
- 10:30 - 14:30
- 01482 672430
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details