- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
Last updated: 29 Jun 2020
- Hand surgery
- Lower limb surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
Areas of interest
Breast reconstruction; Upper limb reconstruction; Lower limb reconstruction; Elective hand surgery; Acute hand surgery; Reconstructive surgery after skin cancer
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Asif Ahmad Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Retired from NHS 2017
Approximately forty publications in the medical literature.
Research degree on improving surgical techniques for patients affected by facial palsy
Serves on the editorial board for two medical journals
Recently published the popular textbook “Evidence-Based Cosmetic Surgery”
Clinical and research interests include limb reconstruction, nerve regeneration and wound healing, for which he is frequently approached for advice by industry pioneers.
Outside of work, Fulvio is a passionate artist and a keen cyclist. Charitable activities include cycling from London to Paris for a reconstructive charity and travelling to Sierra Leone to perform reconstructive surgery in the aftermath of the civil war. He lives in Windsor with his wife, two children, two guinea pigs and a puppy.
- AO(UK) for trauma research
- the BAPRAS (British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons) Barron Prize for an instructional video on painless suture removal for children
- the BAPRAS Kay-Kilner prize for Evidence-Based Plastic Surgery.
- the prestigious BAAPS (British Association of Aesthetic Surgeons) Travelling Fellowship to study facelift techniques at the highly esteemed Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital (New York).
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Italian - Fluent
- French - Basic
Evidence-Based Cosmetic Surgery.
Non-Surgical Breast Augmentation: Where is the Evidence?
PROMs – King of outcome assessment tools: Understanding how patients feel about their surgery.
The Edinburgh Position – A Simple Method.
Waiting Times and Decision-Making Behind Acute Plastic Surgical Referrals in the UK.
Documenting Thermoregulatory System Activity in Burn Patients.
The Management of Unstable Transverse Fractures of the Proximal Phalanx.
Allowing Juniors to Train in One Hospital Would Greatly Reduce Car Use.
Keloid and Hypertrophic Scarring.
Use of the interposed nerve graft to reduce differences in functional muscle transfer outcome arising from variability in motor input.
The Incidence of Anterior Belly of Digastric Agenesis in Patients with Hemifacial Microsomia.
The ‘Butter Test’ To Guide Effective Tissue Cleansing After High-Pressure Injection Injury.
Decades of Change in Plastic Surgery Training.
Cutaneous Scarring: A Clinical Review.
An Observational Study of Timing versus Appropriateness of Acute Plastic Surgery Referrals in the UK.
Post-Traumatic Composite Graft Fingertip Replantation in Both Adults and Children.
Ulnar nerve paresis secondary to lunate dislocation.
Coexisting harlequin and Horner syndromes after paediatric neck dissection: a case report and a review of the literature.
Late Onset Tightening or Contracture in Patients who have Undergone Facial Reanimation Surgery with Free Functional Muscle Transfers.
A comparison of one- versus two-stage surgery in an experimental model of functional muscle transfer with interposed nerve grafting.
A Prospective Evaluation of the Modified Hand Injury Severity Score in Predicting Return to Work.
Quantitative Assessment of Tissue Sections by Reverse Colour Coding.
Regulation of functional muscle transfer force production by use of an interposed nerve graft.
The Effect of Caffeine on Microsurgical Technical Skill.
The Bottleneck Theory: Accounting for Clinical and Experimental Variability in the Outcome of Functional Muscle Transfer.
Practical Nerve Morphometry.
Human Bite Injuries.
Day Case Plastic Surgery in Nonagenarians.
A Sponge Foam Dressing for Skin Grafting.
An Unusual Cause of Massive Fatal Epistaxis.
Small Bowel Necrosis Following Small Bowel Feeding in Impaired Mesenteric Flow States.
Differential diagnosis of a swelling in the floor of the mouth.
Courses offered to GPs
By arrangement I am happy to attend your GP practice to provide educational talks on all aspects of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (including hand surgery).
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://bit.ly/1WfFZTq
- MD (Res) University College London 2008
- FRCS (Plast) Royal College of Surgeons 2012
- MA Hons (OXON) Oxford University 2004
- BM BCh (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) Oxford University 1999
- Interface Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship Royal Marsden Hospital, Parkside Hospital, The Cromwell Hospital, The Wellington Hospital, King Edward VII’s Hospital Sister Agnes, The London Clinic 2012
- Fellowship in Reconstructive Microsurgery St Andrew's Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Hospital, Chelmsford 2013
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide 2013
- Cosmetic Surgery Observership Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital 2013
Reference number 4645115
Details of entry to specialist register
- Plastic Surgery, 2013
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS)
- 16 Bath Road READING RG1 6NS
- 13:30 - 20:00
- 07519 527268
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details