- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Gynaecological oncology
Miss Sonali Kaushik is a qualified gynaecological oncology surgeon. She holds dual certification awarded by the Royal College Of Gynaecologists, as a specialist in Obstetrics & Gynaecology and as a subspecialist in Gynaecological Oncology. In addition, she is an accredited Colposcopist (examination of the mouth of the womb with a telescope) and colposcopy trainer with the British Society of Colposcopy.
Ms Kaushik has trained in several hospitals in London and the South East of England including St Georges Hospital, London and The East Kent Gynaecological Cancer Centre. She obtained her formal subspecialist training in Gynaecological Oncology at Cheltenham General Hospital.
She specialises in the diagnosis and surgical management of benign conditions, pre-cancer and cancers of the female genital tract (ovary, womb, cervix, vulva and vagina). She is an expert in advanced keyhole surgery.
Areas of interest
General Gynaecology; Gynaecological Oncology ( management of cancer and pre-cancer of the womb, cervix, ovary, vagina and vulva); Colposcopy (Examination of Cervix & Vagina);
Cervical polyps & irregularities; Menstrual problems;
Pelvic Pain; Fibroids, Menopause & HRT Management; Hysteroscopic Surgery; Laparoscopic (Keyhole) procedures; Minimal Access/Invasive Surgery
- Jacqui Tame
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital Warren Road BRIGHTON BN2 6DX
- 01273 627053
- 01273 627040
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Robert S Kong Not Fee Assured
- Dr Richard Kavanagh Not Fee Assured
- Dr James Keogh Fee Assured
- Dr Simon M Walton Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecologist and Subspecialist in Gynaecological Oncology, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Ms Kaushik’s research interests include assessment of the quality of care received by women with gynaecological cancer (MD Thesis) and the treatment of precancerous lesions of the vulva (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24596022). She is actively involved in recruiting patients into suitable clinical trials to forward research into the early diagnosis or treatment of women’s cancers. She has published in peer-reviewed journals and contributed to book chapters.
Baking, going to the cinema and eating out.
2014 Cobalt Appeal Grant (in support of MD thesis)
2014 NCRI research prize for best abstract.
2014 NCRI Travelling Fellowship Award
2012 Severn Deanery Travelling Fellowship Award
1. Medical and surgical interventions for the treatment of usual-type vulval intraepithelial neoplasia.
Lawrie TA, Nordin A, Chakrabarti M, Bryant A, Kaushik S, Pepas L.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016 Jan 5;1:CD011837. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD011837.pub2. Review. PMID: 26728940
2. Medical interventions for high-grade vulval intraepithelial neoplasia.
Pepas L, Kaushik S, Nordin A, Bryant A, Lawrie TA.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015 Aug 18;8:CD007924. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007924.pub3. Review. PMID: 26284429
3. Severely calcified peritoneal metastases masquerading as retained barium on CT scan.
Joshi D, Kaushik S, Larsen-Disney P, Bush J.
BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Aug 3;2015. pii: bcr2015211487. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2015-211487. PMID: 26240110
4. Surgical interventions for high-grade vulval intraepithelial neoplasia.
Kaushik S, Pepas L, Nordin A, Bryant A, Dickinson HO.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014 Mar 4;3:CD007928. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007928.pub3. Review. PMID: 24596022
5. The use of laparostomy in patients with gynecologic cancer: first report from a UK cancer center.
Kaushik S, Akhter K, Rufford B, Ind TE, Kolomainen DF, Butler J, Barton DP. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2013 Jun;23(5):951-5. doi: 10.1097/IGC.0b013e31829169fc. PMID: 23571659
6. A detailed immunohistochemical analysis of 2 cases of papillary cystadenoma of the broad ligament: an extremely rare neoplasm characteristic of patients with von hippel-lindau disease.
Brady A, Nayar A, Cross P, Patel A, Naik R, Lee S, Kaushik S, Barton D, McCluggage WG. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2012 Mar;31(2):133-40. doi: 10.1097/PGP.0b013e318228f577. PMID: 22317868
7. Medical interventions for high grade vulval intraepithelial neoplasia. Pepas L, Kaushik S, Bryant A, Nordin A, Dickinson HO.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011 Apr 13;(4):CD007924. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007924.pub2. Review. Update in: Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015;8:CD007924. PMID: 21491403
8. Surgical interventions for high grade vulval intraepithelial neoplasia.
Kaushik S, Pepas L, Nordin A, Bryant A, Dickinson HO.
Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011 Jan 19;(1):CD007928. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007928.pub2. Review. Update in: Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014;3:CD007928. PMID: 21249698
Courses offered to GPs
Women's Health Day: Ovarian cancer - early recognition and diagnosis. 6th of February, 2016
Management of postmenopausal bleeding, March 2017
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2006
- Fellowship in Gynaecological Oncology Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2014
Reference number 6061297
Details of entry to specialist register
- Obstetrics and gynaecology (Gynaecological Oncology), 2014
Affiliations / memberships
British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS)
International Gynaecological Cancer Society (IGCS)
European Society of Gynaecological Cancer (ESGO)
British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE)
European Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (ESGE)
- 2 Montefiore Road HOVE BN3 1RD
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01273 828120
- Nuffield Health, Warren Road Woodingdean...
- 16:30 - 20:00
- 01273 627008
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.