- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Optegra Eye Hospital Surrey, Spire Clare Park Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
In 2018 Mr Lindfield was named one of the "Top 100 Ophthalmologists in the world" (https://theophthalmologist.com/power-list/2018/)
In 2017 Mr Lindfield was also named as one of 50 worldwide "rising stars" in Ophthalmology ( https://theophthalmologist.com/power-list/2017/dan-lindfield )
Both of these accolades recognised Mr Lindfield’s efforts and achievements in surgery, training, research and patient care.
Mr Lindfield is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford and practices privately at Optegra (Guildford) and Farnham Eye Care.
He is the KSS Training Programme Director for Ophthalmology employed by Health Education England. During his NHS time he heads up the training scheme for 33 trainee eye surgeons across Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
He is UK trained in hospitals throughout Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire and London including three Teaching Hospitals which enables him to provide excellent medical and surgical care across all aspects of Ophthalmology. His research and surgical achievements have won many prizes both nationally and internationally. His main areas of interest are:
– Cataract Surgery - including monofocal, toric, multifocal and extended depth of focus "premium" implants.
– Modern and thorough Glaucoma assessment utilising the latest diagnostic modalities
– Comprehensive medical care for Glaucoma
– Laser Therapies (SLT) for Glaucoma
– Conventional Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy, Tube Surgery)
– Modern “Minimally Invasive” Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS) – allowing surgical options for disease control earlier than with existing surgery due to the superior safety profile of such procedures
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery (including astigmatic reduction and premium intraocular lenses)
Medical glaucoma treatment
Laser therapies (Trabeculoplasty (SLT), Iridoplasty (PI)
Conventional surgery for glaucoma (Trabeculectomy, tube shunt surgery)
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS) - including iStent, ECP, Xen Aquesys
- Emily Tearle
- Spire Clare Park Hospital Clare Park Farnham GU10 5XX
- 01252 727298
- Emily Tearle
- Optegra Private Eye Hospital 10 Alan Turing Road Surrey Research Park GUILDFORD GU2 7YF
- 01483 904110
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford
For full details of Mr Lindfield's training please see http://danlindfield.com/experience/
Cataract surgery, glaucoma, MIGS devices, lasers.
For full list of publications please see http://danlindfield.com/publications-posters-presentations/
Mr Lindfield is a very keen road cyclist averaging 200km (120 miles) per week. He regularly rides for charity on some of the toughest cycling events in Europe.
15 prizes to date across the UK, Europe and Asia.
For a full list please see http://danlindfield.com/prizes/
Mr Lindfield has published and presented extensively in all sub specialty areas of Ophthalmology in Europe and Asia. For a full list of publications, posters and video presentations please see http://danlindfield.com/publications-posters-presentations/
Courses offered to GPs
Regular Optometrist and GP update courses at Optegra Eye Hospital. Mr Lindfield also teaches on the Royal Surrey GP Update course
If you would like to discuss any small group training requirements please contact email@example.com Thanks.
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2013
- Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Education University of Winchester 2011
- MRCOphth Parts 1, 2 & 3 Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2006
- BM Medicine (Clinical Distinction) University of Southampton Medical School 2004
Reference number 6100334
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology Specialist Register, 2004
- Bishops Square, Farnham
- 08:30 - 16:00
- 01252 727298
- Farnham Eye CareBishops SquareOld Park...
- 08:30 - 17:30
- 01252 727298
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr D Lindfield
via Royal Surrey County Hospital Switchboard