- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital, St Richards Hospital, Southlands Hospital, BMI Goring Hall Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Refractive surgery
Prize winning full time consultant eye surgeon with 15 years ophthalmology experience
Extensive advanced specialist training from four world class international fellowships in Anterior Segment Surgery, Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Eye Banking, and Glaucoma.
Actively involved in research with more than 30 scientific papers and a frequent presenter at international scientific conferences.
Areas of interest
Premium lens cataract surgery; cornea; glaucoma; eye surface problems
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist at Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust:
1) St Richard's Hospital (Chichester)
2) Southlands Hospital (Shoreham-by-Sea)
Corneal and eye surface conditions.
1. Cullen Medal and Olav Kerr Prize - University of Glasgow
- awarded annually to the student with the best performance in Clinical Medicine on the recommendation of the Regius Professor of Medicine and Therapeutics.
2. MacFarlane Prize for Third Year Medicine/Surgery
- The Macfarlane Prizes were founded in 1928 and are awarded on the recommendation of the Regius Professors of Medicine and Surgery to the most distinguished students in the third year Medicine and Surgery
Mr Lam has published 2 ophthalmology book chapters and more than 30 scientific papers.
- MBChB University of Glasgow 2000
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2003
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2011
Reference number 4704889
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Secretary British Ocular Surface Society 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Ophthalmologist
European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
American Academy of Ophthalmology
British Ocular Surface Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.