- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family Therapy
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
A Counselling Psychologist and Mindfulness Teacher in independent practice, with a breadth and depth of experience in the voluntary, education, private and health sectors over 20 years, including three years in a leadership role. Specialism in working with children and families, as well as with both adults and children who have experienced trauma, and those who struggle with anxiety and stress.
Areas of interest
Adults: anxiety; trauma; depression; stress; Post traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); Bereavement; relationship difficulties; low self-esteem.
Children, adolescents and their families: anxiety, fears and worries; trauma reactions; problem behaviour, separation and divorce; low self esteem and low mood; family difficulties; parenting; anger management; sleeping difficulties; attachment issues; sibling rivalry.
Mindfulness and children
Davy, J. and Hutchinson, J. (2010) Guest Editorial, Counselling Psychology Review, Special edition: Working with children and their families, 25(1), 1-5.
Hutchinson, J., and Pretelt, V. (2010) Building resources and resilience: Why we should think about positive emotions when working with children, their families and their schools, Counselling Psychology Review, Vol 25(1), pp. 20-27.
Hutchinson, J. and Lema, J.C.(2009) Ordinary and extraordinary narratives of heroism and resistance: Uncovering resilience, competence and growth, Counselling Psychology Review, Vol 24(3&4), p9-15.
- MSc Counselling Psychology Trinity College, Dublin 1996
- Graduate Diploma in Family Therapy Relationships Australia, Sydney 1999
- Certificate in Child-Focused Practice Birkbeck University, London 2004
- EMDR training part 1,2,3, Child training part 1 Richman EMDR training 2012
- Currently finishing MSc Mindfulness Based Approaches Bangor University 2016
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- YoungWork network lead Division of Counselling Psychology, BPS 2015
Affiliations / memberships
HCPC - Registered Practitioner Psychologist
BPS - Chartered Counselling Psychologist and Associate Fellow
BACP- Accredited and Registered member
UK Network Mindfulness teachers - Listed