- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr Jamil is an experienced Gastroeneterologist and Hepatologist having studied medical sciences at Cambridge and Oxford Universities, and completed training in London. He has developed in-depth knowledge and skills in all aspects of gastroenterology and hepatology.
He spent a year as a clinical research fellow in Australia, and three years completing a PhD at Imperial College London, with an extensive publication record. He has gained expert experience at major London teaching hospitals including Kings College Hospital, St Mary’s Hospital and Barts and the Royal London, and is a currently a substantive consultant at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital
Dr Jamil delivers excellent care to his patients, using evidence-based practise combined with a wealth of experience, knowledge and skills he has acquired from hist training.
Areas of interest
Gastroscopy; Colonoscopy; Bloating; Acid Reflux; Indigestion; IBS; Diarrhoea, Constipation; Abdominal Pain; Rectal bleeding; Gall stones; Liver disease; Fatty Liver; Abnormal liver tests; Hepatitis; Cirrhosis; Crohn's Disease; Ulcerative Colitis; ERCP
- Alison Ashcroft
- Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital Burrell Road HAYWARDS HEATH RH16 1UD
- 07467 173662
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Christopher Carey Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Immunology of liver transplantation
2018: Regional BSG Poster of Merit
2013: EASL Young Investigator Award
2012: DDF poster of distinction
2011: EASL Young Investigator Award
2007: DDW poster of distinction
2006: AGW poster of merit
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Pashto, Pushto - Conversational
1. Jamil KM et al. Hepatology 2013; 58 (4) S1 410A
2. Jamil KM et al. Gut 2012; 61 (S1) A208
3. Jamil KM et al. Hepatology 2012; 56(4) S1 1967A
4. Jamil KM et al. Hepatology 2011; 54 (4) S1 1101A
5. Jamil KM et al. Gut 2011; 60 (S1): A236
6. Jamil KM et al. Gut 2007; 56 (S11): A126-A127
7. Jamil KM et al. Hepatology 2006; 44 (4) S1: 101A
8. Jamil KM et al. J Gastro and Hepatol 2006; 21 (S4): A301, A312, A317, A328, A330.
1. STAT4-Associated NK Cell Tolerance Following Liver Transplantation. Jamil KM, Cheent KS, Cassidy S, Traherne J, Trowsdale J, Alexander GJ, Little A, Heneghan, MA, Purbhoo M, Khakoo SI. In press
2. Detection of allele specific differences in IFNL3 (IL28B) mRNA expression. Knapp S, Mehgee N, Cassidy S, Jamil K, Thursz M. BMC Medical Genetics 2014, 12881_2014_104
3. Synergistic inhibition of natural killer cells by the nonsignaling molecule CD94. Cheent KS, Jamil KM, Cassidy S, Liu M, Mbiribindi B, Mulder A, Claas FHJ, Purbhoo, MA, Khakoo SI. PNAS 2013 Oct 15;110(42):16981-6. doi:10.1073/pnas. 1304366110. Epub 2013 Sep 30.
4. Investigating the Frail Elderly Patient with Lower Bowel Symptoms: What do we do now and can we improve? Jamil KM, Jacomb-Hood JH, Fidler HM. Clin Med 2013 Feb; 13:37-41
5. The Impact of Organ Dysfunction in Cirrhosis: Survival at a Cost? Shawcross DL, Austin MJ, Abeles RD, McPhail MJ, Yeoman AD, Taylor NJ, Portal AJ, Jamil K, Auzinger G, Sizer E, Bernal W, Wendon JA. J Hepatol. 2012 Jan 12
6. NK receptors: it's all in the name.
Khakoo SI, Jamil KM, Cheent KS. Gut. 2012 Feb;61(2):325-6
7. KIR/HLA interactions and pathogens immunity.
Jamil KM and Khakoo SI. J Biomed Biotechnol 2011:298348. Epub 2011 May 19
8. Interferon induced thyroid dysfunction in chronic hepatitis C. Jamil KM, Leedman PJ, Kontorinis N, Tarquinio L, Nazareth S, McInerney M, Connelly C, Flexman J, Burke V, Metcalf C, Cheng W. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009 Jun;24(6):1017-23.
9. Dyspepsia and peptic ulcers.
Jamil KM, I Forgacs. Update 2007; 75(2):13-20.
10. A patient with a raised ALT level.
Jamil KM, I Forgacs. Update 2007; 74 (6):68.
11. Acute liver failure in a patient with lung cancer.
Jamil KM, Van Hagan T, Trotter J, Cheng W, Kontorinis N. Gut 2007; 56:1190.
Courses offered to GPs
Hepatology update for primary care
Management of dyspepsia
Management of IBS
- BMBCh Oxford University 2001
- MA Cambridge University 2002
- PhD Imperial College London 2015
- MRCP Royal College of Physician London 2004
- Charleston Advanced Endoscopy Fellow MUSC, Charleston, USA 2011
- Clinical Research Fellow in Hepatology Royal Perth Hospital, Australia 2005
- Wellcome Trust Research Training Fellowship Imperial College London 2010
Reference number 6030649
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT Gastroenterology, Herpetology and General Internal Medicine, 2014
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians
European Association for the Study of the Liver
British Association for the Study of the Liver
British Society of Gastroenterology
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital, BN2 6DX
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01444 450338
- Nuffield Health, Burrell Road HAYWARDS HEATH...
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01444 450338
- Spire Montefiore Hospital, BN3 1RD
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01444 450338