- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
Is it your time to change? To let go of the past and move forward? To regain your confidence and purpose?
If you’re looking at this page then you may need some help to make changes. Perhaps you feel anxious or sad and don't know why, or you're stuck with a behaviour you need to stop.
The good news is that I’ve helped hundreds of people who feel like you do right now. My name is Alex Pledger and I’m a private counsellor and life coach working in South Birmingham. I help people work out what has gone wrong, why it might have happened and, most importantly, what you need to get things back on track. I'll listen and ask questions to try to understand without judging you, but if some of your thoughts or behaviours are holding you back, then we might tackle them together, either by talking, or doing a written exercise, or through some homework you might be given between sessions.
My style is down to earth, interactive, honest and gets results. Here's what one of my clients wrote about working with me: "I was very sceptical about how 'talking about my problems' would help me find a solution. It was the BEST thing I've ever done. Alex did not offer me solutions but something so much better - the skills to deal with my problems rationally whilst being kind to myself."
If that sounds right for you please get in touch to set up an initial appointment.
I have been working as a counsellor and coach for over 15 years and am Senior Accredited with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; depression; low self-esteem; confidence; assertiveness; interpersonal problems in relationships; bereavement & loss; work-life balance & lifestyle management; stress management; life transitions; change management
- Time To Change: http://www.time-to-change.me.uk
- BACP Senior Accreditation British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists 2011
- BACP Accreditation British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists 2008
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling HE University of Birmingham 2005
- PQ Cert in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy ICAP 2010
- PG Cert in Solution Focused Therapy University of Birmingham 2007
- Diploma in Life Coaching Newcastle College 2005
Affiliations / memberships
Senior Accredited Member of British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists