- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Hand surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
Mr Anil Agarwal completed a Plastic Surgery training programme at PGI Chandigarh, India, in 1994 followed by a 2-year Hand Fellowship at Ganga Hospital. Armed with sound basic principles but with a desire to obtaining outstanding practical results, he decided to train further at the very best Units all over the UK. These included Breast surgery at Manchester, and Hand Surgery at Chelmsford and East Grinstead. During this quest for excellence he published extensively, completed the FRCS (Glasgow), the FRCS (Plast) and 2 Diplomas (British and European) in Hand Surgery.
Mr Agarwal strongly believes in clearly defining the problem and visualizing the ideal solution. He provides an initial detailed consultation, listening carefully to the patient’s viewpoint, and will then explain what can and cannot be achieved using today’s state of the art. He employs hand sketches, photographs and computer-art until the end result can be clearly seen and agreed upon by both patient and surgeon. He believes his results should speak for themselves and takes pride in complete patient satisfaction.
Areas of interest
Breast Surgery (Augment, Reduction, Uplift);
Facelifts (incl. necklift, eyelid surgery);
Liposuction (incl. for Gynaecomastia)
Abdominoplasty (including mini and anchor);
Body contouring (eg after weight loss and bariatric surgery);
Rhinoplasty (Nosejob)- closed and open;
Botox and Fillers;
Skin lesions (skin cancer, lumps and bumps);
Hand Surgery- Carpal Tunnel, Cubital Tunnel, Dupuytren's, Trigger finger, Nerve surgery, Congenital Hand differences, Rheumatoid, Fractures and Joints below the wrist.
- Alison Preston
- Greater Lancashire Hospital Wyder Court Ribbleton Preston PR2 5BW
- 01772 663977
- 07443 613005
- 01772 663926
- Jade Young
- Fulwood Hall Hospital Midgery Lane Fulwood PRESTON PR2 9SZ
- 01772 707432
- 01772 795131
Current NHS consultant posts held
Mr Agarwal has been an NHS Consultant Plastic Surgeon since 2008 and currently is in a permanent substantive NHS Consultant post at the Royal Preston Hospital.
• Brighton and Sussex Research Funding Competition winner 2008-9
• Cobbett Prize for best contribution to Hand Teaching 2006
• Best Paper Prize for ‘Aesthetic Considerations in Upper Extremity Coverage’ 1997
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- English - Fluent
- Urdu - Conversational
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Conversational
- Tamil - Basic
- Bengali - Basic
1. The modified mattress suture for rapid and accurate skin eversion. Yoong P, Agarwal AK. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2008; 90: 161-169.
2. Avoiding Pitfalls of the Pins and Rubbers Traction Technique for Fractures of the Proximal Interphalangeal Joint. Agarwal AK, Karri V, Pickford MA. Ann Pl Surg 2007; 58: 489-495
3. Arterialisation to salvage a failing first metacarpal artery flap. Agarwal AK, Upton B, Khandwalla AR. J Plast Reconstruc Aesthetic Surg 2006, 59; 11: 1254-1255.
4. Experience with a new Ultra-Low Profile Osteosynthesis System for Fractures of the Metacarpals and Phalanges: Agarwal AK, Pickford MA. Ann Plast Surg 2006 Aug; 57(2): 206-12.
5. Ulnar Tendinous Interconnection in Type IIIA Thumb Hypoplasia – A ‘Pollex Adductus’. Agarwal AK, Turner A, Pickford MA. J Hand Surg (Am), 2006 Apr;31(4):549-52.
6. Free DIEP Flap Breast Augmentation following excessive Reduction. Agarwal AK, Ali SN, Erdmann MWH. British J Plast Surg 2003, 56: 191-193
7. Reverse Digital Artery Island Flap for Finger Tip Defects. Sabapathy S R, Babu S S, Agarwal A K. Indian J Plast Surg 1995; 28:73-76.
8. Can Exostosis occur in the Skull? Agarwal A K, Sharma R K, Vasishta R K. Bull PGI 1995; 29:108-110.
9. Quantifying Treatment Outcome in Maxillo-Facial Injuries. Agarwal A K, Chari P S, Mitra S. Indian J Plast Surg 1994; 27:66-71
Courses offered to GPs
Always happy to give formal talks and informal discussions without any charge
- FRCS Plast Royal College of Surgeons Glasgow 2007
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons Glasgow 2000
- M Ch Plastic Surgery PGIMER Chandigarh, India 1994
- MS Surgery MLN Medical College, Allahabad, India 1990
- MB BS MLN Medical College, Allahabad, India 1985
- British Diploma in Hand Surgery University of Manchester 2010
- European Diploma in Hand Surgery FESSH (Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand) 2010
Reference number 4662642
Details of entry to specialist register
- ANIL KUMAR AGARWAL, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
• BAAPS Full Member ID 010472
• BAPRAS Full Member ID 300348
• BSSH Associate Member ID 300187
• MDU (Medical Defence Union) Membership Number 511196C
- BMI The Beaumont Hospital, BL6 4LA
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 01204 404404
- Fulwood Hospital, PR2 9SZ
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01772 707453
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Myself on mobile 07739986033
My private Secretary Alison Preston on mobile 07443 613005
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: plastic72