- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Reporting of echocardiography
- Stress echocardiography
Dr Francesco Lo Monaco trained at the University of Pavia Medical School in Italy with medical qualification ( with Honors) in 1997. In 2003 he completed his Cardiology training ( summa cum Laude) in Milan. He worked as Consultant Cardiologist in Milan until 2006, when he moved to New York where he completed his postdoctoral fellowship in Cardiology at the New York Medical College publishing revolutionary researches in cardiac stem cells and presenting the results at the American Heart Association Meeting in Orlando in 2008. He also qualified in Medicine in the USA.
Since 2009 he has been appointed Cardiologist at Chelsea and Westminster Trust in West Middlesex University Hospital site.
His main fields of expertise are Clinical Cardiology with subspecialty in Imaging. He treats a wide range of cardiovascular diseases ( ischaemic heart disease, heart failure, arrhythmias, valvular heart disease ) and performs all the diagnostic tests ranging from exercise tolerance tests to dobutamine stress tests to CT coronary angiograms
He is an affiliate Member of the Royal College of Physicians and has been appointed Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer in Cardiology and Undergraduate Tutor by Imperial College School of Medicine.
Heart failure, cardiomyopathies, ischaemic heart disease, cardiac imaging, valvular heart diseases and arrhythmias
Spoken Languages: English and Italian
Areas of interest
angina-heart attack-heart failure-valvular diseases-high blood pressure-atrial fibrillation-arrhythmias-cardiomyopathies-palpitations-chest pain-shortness of breath-exercise tolerance test-echocardiography
- 27 Harley Street
- 07805 173382
Current NHS consultant posts held
Cardiologist Chelsea and Westminster NHS Trust/ West Middlesex University Hospital Site
I conduct experiments on the regenerative properties of human vascular progenitor stem cells in post-myocardial infarction models. I discovered that these human vascular progenitor stem cells, identified by our group for the first time, create functionally competent biological coronary bypass, thus opening the door to a revolutionary therapy for coronary artery disease. I was invited to present the results of this study at the American Heart Association Annual Meeting in New Orleans in November 2008; the related manuscript has been endorsed by Prof Eugene Braunwald from Harvard Medical School and subsequently published by the prestigious journal” PNAS”.
I enjoy travelling and spending valuable time with friends and family. I love the outdoors activities and I play golf and tennis.
Award for outstanding scientific achievements in medical research received by the Italian embassy in New York City
1. Fantoni C, Medda M, Mollichelli N, Neagu A, Briganti S, Lo Monaco F, Baravelli M, Inglese L. Clip-based arterial hemostasis after antegrade common femoral artery puncture. Int J Cardiol. 2008 Aug 29;128(3):427-9.
2. Bearzi C, Leri A, Lo Monaco F, Qanud K, Ojaimi C, Kajstura J, Pepe M, Hintze TH, Rota M, Anversa P. Identification of Coronary Vascular Progenitor Cell in the human heart. “ PNAS” August 2009. Paper communicated by Prof Eugene Braunwald
3. Lo Monaco F, Ojaimi C, Bearzi C, Kajstura J, Leri A, Anversa P, Hintze TH.
Human Vascular Progenitor cells form conductive coronary arteries in dogs with critical coronary artery stenosis. Abstract presented at the American Heart Association Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Nov 2008.
4. Dunford C, Fortes-Mayer G, Lo Monaco F, Gwynn S, Purcell H, Puttanna A,Pye M, Warren T. A call to action: improving stable angina in patients with diabetes. Guidelines in Practice, October 2015
Courses offered to GPs
I frequently give talks to GPs on a wide range of cardiology subjects
- Cardiologist West Middlesex University Hospital, London, UK 2009
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer and Undergraduate Tutor Imperial College School of Medicine, London 2014
- Principal Investigator in Clinical Trials West Middlesex Hospital 2011
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Cardiovascular Physiology Harvard Medical School, Boston, and New York Medical College 2009
Reference number 6154710
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer and Undergraduate Tutor Imperial College School of Medicine 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT in Cardiology, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Affiliate Member of Royal College of Physicians
- 941 Great West RoadBRENTFORDTW8 9DU
- 12:00 - 14:00
- 07805 173382
- The Medical Specialists
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 020 8038 0167
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Francesco Lo Monaco