- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Mr Chris Gooding is a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge with a subspecialist interest in hip and knee surgery. He is also an Associate Lecturer to the University of Cambridge with a particular interest in undergraduate teaching. He completed his specialist training on the NE Thames Training program. During his training program he completed an MD on the clinical and histopathological review of patients who had received cartilage transplants in the knee. He achieved the FRCS Tr and Orth in 2008. He gained additional fellowship experience in Vancouver Canada, San Diego USA, RNOH, Stanmore and an AO Fellowship in trauma in Berlin. He also completed the prestigious Rothman-Ranawat Travelling Fellowship in North America visiting centres of excellence in hip surgery. During his fellowships he gained considerable experience in patients with complex joint problems particularly in revision arthroplasty. He also has a keen interest in sport and is a pitch side medic to Cambridge Rugby. He is widely published in a number of peer reviewed Journals and has presented at a number of national and International meetings. He is also an editorial board member of the Bone and Joint 360. Mr Gooding believes in a delivering a patient centred approach of care which is evidence based.
Areas of interest
Hip Replacements; Robotic assisted hip replacements; Revision hip replacements; The painful hip; Hip trauma; Knee arthroscopy; Partial Knee Replacements; Robotic assisted partial knee replacements; Total Knee Replacements; Robotic assisted Total Knee replacements Revision Knee replacements; Knee Trauma
- Tracey Gibson
- Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital 4 Trumpington Road CAMBRIDGE CB2 8AF
- 0800 270 7200
- 01223 281095
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Ram Adapa Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
Primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty.
Accuracy of national databases
Clinical outcomes following hip and knee arthroplasty.
Lower limb metastatic bone disease
Completed an MD in the clinical and histopathological review of autologous chondrocyte implantation.
Pitch side medic for the Cambridge Rugby Union Football Club
Collecting 19th century and 20th century art
OMeGA Fellowship Grant from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, October 2010
Rothman Ranawat Travelling Fellowship in hip surgery
An up to date list of Mr Gooding's publications can be found on pubmed.com
1. N.K. Patel, S. Sabharwal, C.R. Gooding, A. Hashemi-Nejad, D.M. Eastwood. Proximal femoral excision with interposition myoplasty for cerebral palsy patients with painful chronic hip dislocation. J. Child Orthop 2015;9(4):263-71
2. L. Barr, M. Vindlacheruvu, C.R.Gooding
The Effect of Becoming a Major Trauma Centre on the Management of Elderly Hip Fracture Patients. Injury 2015;46(2):384-7.
3. C.R. Gooding, A. Hashemi-Nejad. Osteotomy of the Femur for Young Adult Hip Disease. Textbook entitled ‘The Young Adult Hip in Sport’, Editor F.S. Haddad Published 2014. Pages 241-248
4. C.R. Gooding, M.P. Muldoon, G. Muldoon, R.F. Santore. Hip arthroscopy in the Older patient. Provisionally accepted for the Journal of Arthroscopy
5. N.K. Patel, T. Luff, P. Whittingham-Jones, C.R. Gooding, A. Hashemi-Nejad
Modern total hip arthroplasty in teenagers: an alternative to hip arthrodesis. Hip International 2012;22(06):621-627
6. C.R. Gooding, D. S. Garbuz. Reasons for Joint preservation treatment failures. Textbook on hip joint preservation entitled ‘Adult Hip. Hip Preservation Surgery; Editors John C. Clohisy, P. Beaule and C. Della Valle. 2014 Chapter 53, pages 634-646.
7. C.R. Gooding, A. Hashemi-Nejad. Hip injections and Arthrography. Textbook entitled ‘The Young Adult Hip in Sport’, Editor F.S. Haddad Published 2014. Pages 149-158
8. C.R. Gooding, B.A. Masri, C.P. Duncan, N.V. Greidanus, D.S. Garbuz. Durable Infection Control and Function With the Prostalac Spacer in Two-stage Revision for Infected Knee Arthroplasty. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research Apr 2011;469(4):985-93
9. C.R. Gooding, D.S. Garbuz. Hip and Knee reconstruction. Complications of THA: Fractures
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon’s 4th edition of Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Hip and Knee reconstruction.
10. C.R. Gooding, D.S. Garbuz, B.A. Masri, C.P. Duncan. Femoral Revision/Uncemented tapered, fluted modular implants
Surgery of the Hip, Eds: D. Berry and J. Lieberman 2013; Chapter 98, pages 1170-1178
Courses offered to GPs
Regularly support GP symposiums at least twice a year.
Regularly hold Patient symposiums at the Nuffield and Spire hospitals in Cambridge. Have also recently supported a Physiotherapy educational day.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.njrsurgeonhospitalprofile.org.uk/SurgeonProfile?gmccode=4543385
- BSc University College London 1995
- MBBS Royal Free Hospital and University College London Medical School 1998
- MD University of London 2008
- FRCS Tr and Orth Royal College of Surgeons of England 2008
- MA University of Cambridge 2018
- Fellowship in Hip and Knee Surgery University of British Columbia 2009
- Fellowship in Hip surgery University of California, San Diego / Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego 2011
- AO Fellowship in Trauma Charité-Virchow Clinic, Humboldt University, Berlin Germany 2010
- Fellowship in Hip surgery Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore UK 2011
Reference number 4543385
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Editorial Board Member Bone and Joint 360 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and orthopaedic surgery, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the British Orthopaedic Association
Member of the British Hip Society
Member of the British Association of Surgery of the Knee
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Registered with the GMC and on the specialist register
- 30 New Road Impington CAMBRIDGE CB24 9EL
- 08:30 - 13:00
- 0800 270 7200
- 4 Trumpington RoadCAMBRIDGECB2 8AF
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 0800 270 7200
- Nuffield Hospital, 4 Trumpington Road,...
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 0800 270 7200
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details