- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Daniels has been working in a substantive NHS Consultant post since April 2013. This is in a busy and innovative Rheumatology department, where the focus is on high quality care, excellent patient experiences and optimisation of resources.
Dr Daniels is the Clinical Lead for Rheumatology at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals. She is also lead for Early Inflammatory Arthritis having developed this service to enable rapid review and high quality care consistent with NICE guidelines and in line with the Best Practice Tariff.
Dr Daniels main subspecialty interests are inflammatory arthritis, including the use of ultrasound imaging in this area, seronegative spondyloarthropathies and connective tissue disease.
Dr Daniels is actively involved in education, being the Educational Supervisor for the BHRUT Rheumatology trainee.
Areas of interest
Early Inflammatory Arthritis; Rheumatoid Arthritis; Psoriatic Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Axial Spondyloarthropathy; Gout; Osteoporosis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR), Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA); Fibromyalgia; Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow and Golfer's Elbow), Vasculitis, Myositis; Bursitis; Tendonitis; Joint Injections; Soft Tissue Injections; Tendonitis Injections; Bursa Injections; Epicondylitis Injections; Intra-muscular steroid injections
- Lorna Bush
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital Shenfield Road Shenfield BRENTWOOD CM15 8EH
- 01277 695695
- 07486 299797
- Nuffield Bookings
Current NHS consultant posts held
Department of Rheumatology:
King George Hospital
Ilford, IG3 8YB
Rom Valley Way
Romford, RM7 0AG
Brentwood Community Hospital
Brentwood, CM15 8DR
I recently completed a 10km run for Race for Life.
I swim weekly.
I enjoy travelling and have lived in Australia for a year. I have walked the Inca trail in Peru and travelled through North and South Africa, India and Nepal, the Far East, the USA and Europe.
Piano Grade 5.
I have two young children so spend most of my free time at their sports and drama lessons. We have also recently introduced them to the joys of camping. In our remaining free time we try to control our garden.
South Thames Rheumatology Research Presentation Bursary won 2010.
Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.
Norfolk County Scholar for a standard of excellence in A Levels (1994).
Mayor’s Prize for Runner Up to the Queen’s Gold Medal for the best A Levels-1993/4.
- Back with a Vengeance - Oral Presentation - BSR Autum COnference - Oct 2015.
- Factors Influencing a Career Choice in Rheumatology.
Poster Presentation BSR 24th April 2013
Rheumatology 2013:52 (Suppl 1):156.
- A comparison of 3D and 2D US in the detection of synovitis, erosions and Power Doppler activity in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA).
Poster Presentation BSR, 13th April 2011 and EULAR, 28th May 2011.
Rheumatology 2011;50 (Suppl 3):139
Annals of Rheumatic Disease 2011;Supp: SAT0073.
- Assessment of synovitis in Rheumatoid Arthritis and the effect of ultrasound joint counts on DAS28 values.
Poster Presentation BSR, 13th Apr 2011 and EULAR, 28th May 2011.
Rheumatology 2011;50(Suppl 3):138
Annals of Rheumatic Disease 2011;Supp: SAT 0074.
- MA Hons (Cantab) King’s College, Cambridge University 1997
- MBBS (Lond) Guy’s, King’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals Schools of Medicine 2000
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians of London 2004
- MSc (Rheumatology) - Distinction King’s College London 2009
- Diploma Medical Education Royal College of Physicians of London/University College London 2012
Reference number 4724285
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Rheumatology
British Medical Association
Royal College of Physicians
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, CM15 8EH
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01277 695695
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Secretary Lorna Bush -
Tel: 07486 299 797
or email: email@example.com